What is this workshop about?
3D Printing is an Additive Manufacturing technique that creates a physical object from a virtual 3D CAD model by depositing successive layers of material. They work like the traditional inkjet printers, but instead of ink, a 3D printer deposits desired material to manufacture an object from its digital format. 3D printing and rapid prototyping, in general, are widely claimed to have revolutionized not only the manufacturing industry but also many other walks of life like medicine, aerospace and automotive industry. This program on 3D Printing helps the participants understand the design, functioning and operation of a basic 3D Printer.
CNC stands for Computerized Numerical Control. CNC Machining is about automating the machine tool operations for more precision and ease in manufacturing. In this project you will build a fully functional 3 axis CNC machine using Arduino which can perform manufacturing operations like drilling, milling and cutting. The tool can be operated with the help of G Codes and Arduino interfacing.By building this project, you will practically work with stepper motors, Arduino board, G Codes, CNC calibration and programming.
- Design, Build & Test your CNC machine from scratch!
- Learn about the materials, designing of CAD models, working of a 3D Printer
- Understand how to build and calibrate a 3D printer
- Learn all the concepts of Manufacturing technology through hands on training on Additive and subtractive manufacturing.
- Understand G-code and M-code numerical control programming language and test it!
- Introductory lecture on 3D printer and Rapid Prototyping
- Introduction to Rapid prototype
- Introduction to different types of 3D Printers
- Introduction to RepRap Arduino electronic controller
- Materials used for printing
- CAD files - 4 hours
- Concepts of CAD
- Algorithms used in design
- Design of Assembly (Spur gear, Helical screw, simple design)
- Introduction to G Code
- Demonstration of 3D Printer assembly
- Testing and calibration of 3D Printer
- Demonstration of 3D Printing
- Introduction to CNC
- Elements of CNC, Structural Design
- Arduino, Arduino programming
- CNC Programming
- Pycam G Code Generator, Universal G - Code Sender
3D Printer kit*
CNC Machine Kit*
* Kit would be provided during the workshop but would be taken back after the workshop. This is being done to reduce the cost of the workshop and make it affordable for students.
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All AerotriX certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
Who Should Attend?
Students of any background with interest in 3D Printing can attend.
Why Skyfi Labs?
- Skyfi Labs - an award winning company working towards transforming textbook geniuses into productive engineers.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
18002003855 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college