What is this Workshop about?
Biplane airplane with two wings, one above the other, the very first design, in the 1890s this configuration was adopted for some successful piloted gliders. The Wright brothers’ biplanes (1903–09) opened the era of powered flight. Biplanes predominated in military and commercial aviation from World War I through the early 1930s, but the biplane’s greater manoeuvrability could not offset the speed advantage of the lighter monoplane. After World War II, biplanes were used only for special purposes: crop dusting and sport (aerobatic) flying.
This Workshop by AerotriX gives you an opportunity to understand the theory behind the functioning of aircraft and aircraft design. Ever wondered what happens if you have box wings on an aircraft instead of usual design? Here we let you innovate by coming up with your design of Biplane aircraft and fabricate them from scratch. An interactive lecture session and design session by jogging up your little brain for designing the best performing aircraft.
- Design, Build & Test your first RC Biplane from scratch!
- Learn all the introductory concepts of aeronautical engineering through aeromodelling
Introduction to Design Algorithm of an aircraft
Hands-on experience on the electronic and electrical instrumentation of an RC aircraft
Course Structure and Topics Covered
Introductory Lecture on Aeromodelling - 3 hours
Basics of Flight & Aeronautics
Different Systems in an Aircraft
Stability & Control of an Aircraft
Instrumentation in an RC Aircraft
Design Session - 1 hours
Fabrication Session - 10 hours
Testing Session - all aircrafts designed by the participants are flown by an expert flyer of Team AerotriX - 3 hours
Awards & Certificate Distribution - 0.5 hour
Electronic Speed Controller
Servo motors (3 pieces)
- Wheels (3 pieces)
Working Tools *
Other miscellaneous items
All the above components would be provided during the program to participants in groups of 5 but would be taken back at the end. This is being done to reduce the cost of the program and make it affordable for students who do not want to buy the take-away kit.
Take-away kit consists of all the above items excluding the items marked with *. Take-away kit can be purchased at the venue by paying an additional fee of ₹ 6,000
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All AerotriX certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
- Students interested in RC Aircraft Design
- Students interested for a career in Aerospace and related fields of engineering
Why Skyfi Labs?
- Skyfi Labs - an award winning company working towards transforming textbook geniuses into productive engineers.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
1800-3000-1260 (24 Hrs)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college