What is this workshop about?
If you want to learn about flying objects and don't know where to start, AerotriX gives you just the right platform with a Balsa Glider workshop.
Designing and fabricating a glider helps one understand the basic idea behind flight and the significance of various parts of the airplane. The workshop helps the participant understand aerodynamics, controls and stability in the simplest manner.
By tweaking slightly with various parts of the glider, one can actually make it perform some interesting aerobatics. This will help the participant understand the basic principles of flight.
- Build your own Chuck Glider with Balsa Wood.
- Learn the Basics of Aircraft flight.
- Initiation into field of Aeronautical engineering through Aeromodelling.
Course Structure and Topics Covered
- Lecture on Understanding Aircraft Design - Duration 3 hours
In these modules the participants are introduced to
- Basic concepts of a glider
- Understanding of physics behind aircraft
- Important parts of an Aircraft
- Different systems of an aircraft
- Aerodynamics of a glider
- Stability of a glider
- Designing a glider
- Designing and fabricating a glider - Duration 3 hours
- Concepts in design of a glider
- Implementing the design to construct a glider
- Efficiency of a glider
- Launching Demo and Competition - Duration 2 hours
- Launching techniques of a glider
- Balsa wood
- Epoxy Glue
- Working Tools*
- Other miscellaneous items
* marked items will be taken back
Participants will be made to work in teams of 2 in the workshop. 1 kit per team will be given during the workshop which is take-home for participants
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All AerotriX certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
- Students interested in Aircraft Design
- Students interested for a career in Aerospace and related fields of engineering
"The lecture was very good, i learned many things about the glider and the concept behind the lift of glider.it was a very good experience fabricating a glider." - Shubham Bhatt
Why Skyfi Labs?
- Skyfi Labs - an award winning company working towards transforming textbook geniuses into productive engineers.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
18002003855 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college