About 2 IOT Projects in 6 days course
Internet of Things, or IoT in short, is the internetworking of physical devices like sensors, motors or simply a smart device and linking them to cloud, so as to get updates remotely from almost anywhere. IoT has promising applications for smart homes, wearable devices, smart cities, connected cars and more.
This course introduces you to the amazing world of IoT and its fascinating applications. Using an Arduino board and a DHT sensor, you will develop an electronic device that streams temperature and humidity data over the internet. You can program the system in such a way that say whenever the temperature exceeds a certain limit, the device will automatically send an email notification!
In the second project, you will work with a soil moisture sensor, ESP8266 module and an Arduino board to develop a smart irrigation system project which detects the change in moisture level in the soil and controls the flow of water accordingly. You will also develop a Virtuino App to get notifications remotely.
Apart from gaining practical skills on the Internet of Things, by doing this project you will learn about the Arduino Architechure, Arduino Programming, Calibration of Sensors, Virtuino App development etc.
- Learn the basics of Internet of Things and its applications
- Work with DHT sensors to detect humidity and temperature changes
- Work with Soil Moisture Sensor to set up a smart irrigation system
- Setup IoT connectivity using a remote desktop
- Develop your own Android App using Virtuino
- Develop and test an IoT weather monitoring station
- Develop and test an IoT based smart irrigation system
- Arduino Uno Board
- DHT Sensor
- Connecting wires
- Soil Moisture Sensor
- L293D Moto Driver
All the above components would be provided during the program to participants in groups of 5 but would be taken back at the end.
Participants registering in groups of 5 will get take-home kit for free.
Participants will be given access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All Skyfi Labs certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
Who Should Attend?
Students of any background with interest in Internet of Things, Arduino, Arduino Programming.
Why Skyfi Labs?
- Skyfi Labs - an award winning company working towards transforming textbook geniuses into productive engineers.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
1800-3000-1260 (24 Hrs)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college