- Content developed by IITians
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary content behind flying vehicles
- Complete model designed and fabricated by the participants
- Hands-on experience for the participants with servos, motors, controllers, etc
- Pracptical knowledge gained from the program will help them to take up B.tech/M.tech projects easily
- Competition at the end of each module to help students participate effectively
- Good multimedia content to help students grasp the content easily
The course consists of the following modules:
- RC Aircraft Design, Fabrication and Flying
- Ornithopter (Certified by Ornithopter Zone, USA)
- RC Hovercraft
Each module is split into the following session
- Hands-on session
- Testing/ Competition
1) RC Aircraft Design, Fabrication and Flying Workshop
The RC Aircraft Design, Fabrication and Flying is an aeromodelling workshop that helps participants learn about the dynamics and design of an airplane. This workshop on aeromodelling would introduce the participants to the four pillars of Aerospace Engineering - Aerodynamics, Flight Mechanics, Aircraft Propulsion and Structures, with stress on the first two topics.It makes you innovate by coming up with your own design of mini aircrafts and fabricating them as per your design. Aeromodelling is a very interesting and fun manner to learn the complex theory behind aircrafts. In this workshop, basics of electronics relevant to RC aeromodelling(radio controls, servo motors) and i.c engine/electric motor would also be covered.This workshop takes you through a series of interactive lectures and design sessions supplemented by practical sessions, thereby providing a complete learning experience.
A sample video of the workshop proceedings from our workshop at Startup Village, Kochi.
2) Ornithopter - Certified by Ornithopter Zone, USA
Learn about bird flight in an interesting way by actually building one! The lecture would impart all the concepts and principles involved in the aerodynamics of an Ornithopter. In this session students understand how birds fly and duplicate the bird flight using simple mechanical links and joints to construct a rubber band powered Ornithopter. The lecture would also impart the basics on how to construct a Remote Controlled Ornithopter. In the end the competition will demand the participants to make their models fly longer to win an award. The participants will also receive certification from Nathan Chronister, CEO, Ornithopter Zone, USA.
A video of an ornithopter made by the participants in our workshop.
3) RC Hovercraft
A hovercraft (air-cushion vehicle, ACV) is a craft capable of travelling well over rough terrain. They can move equally on land, ice and water. They are supported by a cushion of slow moving high-pressure air which is ejected against the surface below and contained within a "skirt". Hovercrafts are used in rescue operations after natural disasters. The session involves the design and fabrication of mini hovercrafts by the participants on their own. The competition at the end would determine the efficiency of the craft in terms of maneuverability and speed.
Highlights of the Program:
- Design, Build and Fly your own Ornithopter, Hovercraft and RC Aircraft
- Learn four pillars of Aerospace Engineering
- Aerodynamics, Flight Mechanics, Aircraft Propulsion and Structures
- Learn principles involved in the aerodynamics of an Ornithopter
- Develop live working Aeromodelling Projects
- Encourages participants to think and come up with new designs
- Online Examination and certificate with score
- International Certificate from Ornithopter Zone, USA
- Certificate of Participation to all the participants
- With Online Examination Scores for those who qualify
- Without Online Examination Scores for those who donot qualify
- Certificate of Merit to top-performing participants
The following awards will be given to top-performing participants
- Best Design Award
- Best Fabrication Award
- Fastest Fabrication Award
- Innovation Award
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- Analyze their online scores in comparison with other students
- View analysis of performance of students from across the country
- Engine/ Electric Motor *
- Electric Motor Controller *
- Propeller *
- Transmitter *
- Receiver *
- Li-Po battery *
- Servo motors (3 pieces) *
- Landing Gear ( main and tail dragger)
Wheels (2 pieces)
Other miscellaneous items
The parts marked * are not part of economy kit. These components would be provided during the workshop but would be taken back after the workshop. This is being done to reduce the cost of the workshop and make it affordable for students who do not want to buy the complete kit.
Complete kit consists of all the above items excluding transmitter and receiver.
One team will be building 2 models in the Ornithopter module. There is no economy and complete kit scheme for ornithopter. All the teams will be allowed to take away the models with them.
#Working tools will be taken back after the workhsop
Software used to design and test RC planes
- RC Simulator
- RC Flying Tutorials and videos
- Booklet on design and construction of all models
Who should attend?
- Student from any background with interest in Aeromodelling
Why Skyfi Labs?
- Skyfi Labs - an award winning company working towards transforming textbook geniuses into productive engineers.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
Please feel free to contact us in case of any queries.
18001237177 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
☎ Have a Query?
You can also request us to organize this program in your college