- Content developed by IITians
- RC Aircraft
- Exposure to mechanics behind flying vehicles
- Complete RC Aircraft model designed and fabricated by the participants
- Hands-on experience for the participants with servos, motors, controllers, etc
- Competition at the end to help students participate effectively
- Introduction to design of automobile parts
- Case studies and discussion about the different designs of Automobiles as per Industry standards
- Learn about design of ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) and their standards
- Hands-on experience for participants in dismantling and assembling a life size engine
- Exposure to modern day standards and innovations in Automobile Design - Hybrid Cars, Formula Cars, etc.
- Practical knowledge gained from the program will help them to take up B.tech/M.tech projects easily
- Good multimedia content to help students grasp the content easily
The course consists of the following modules:
- RC Aircraft Design, Fabrication and Flying
- Automobile Design
Each module is split in the following way
- RC Aircraft
- Hands-on Session
- Testing/ Competition
- Automobile Design
- Introductory Lecture on Automobiles
- Lecture on Automobile Design
- Hands-on Session(Dismantling and assembling of an engine)
1) RC Aircraft Design, Fabrication and Flying
The RC Aircraft Design, Fabrication and Flying is an aeromodelling workshop that helps participants learn about the dynamics and design of an airplane. This workshop on aeromodelling would introduce the participants to the four pillars of Aerospace Engineering - Aerodynamics, Flight Mechanics, Aircraft Propulsion and Structures, with stress on the first two topics. It makes you innovate by coming up with your own design of mini aircrafts and fabricating them as per your design. Aeromodelling is a very interesting and fun manner to learn the complex theory behind aircrafts. In this workshop, basics of electronics relevant to RC aeromodelling(radio controls, servo motors) and i.c engine/electric motor would also be covered. This workshop takes you through a series of interactive lectures and design sessions supplemented by practical sessions, thereby providing a complete learning experience.
A sample video of the workshop proceedings from our workshop at Startup Village, Kochi.
2) Automobile Design
"The Indian automotive industry has emerged as a sunrise sector in the Indian economy" - Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce. April 2013
With the automotive industry growing multifold every year, it is never a bad thought to think about securing a position in it. The automotive industry requires people having the knowledge of design and functioning of various parts of the automobile. The workshop provides the participants with the idea of what to look for when carrying out a design exercise of the automobile components and how to integrate them making it suitable for industry needs. Participants will unto dismantle and undergo a practical session on how to dismantle and assemble a life size automobile engine, to help them have a first hand experience of the intricate engine parts.
Highlights of the Program:
- RC Aircraft
- Design, Build and Fly your own RC Aircraft
- Learn four pillars of Aerospace Engineering
- Aerodynamics, Flight Mechanics, Aircraft Propulsion and Structures
- Learn principles involved in the aerodynamics and design of a RC Aircraft
- Develop live working Aeromodelling Projects
- Automobile Design
- Understand about the various components of Automobile - Chassis, Engine, Transmission, Suspension, Braking, Steering, etc. and their design parameters
- Know about the testing and simulation of Automobiles as carried out in industry
- Get first hand experience of various parts of engines in the practical session
- Take home the knowledge to develop different designs suitable for various Automobile Competitions
- Encourages participants to think and come up with new designs
- Online Examination and certificate with score
Certificate of Participation to all the participants
With Online Examination Scores for those who qualify
- Without Online Examination Scores for those who donot qualify
- Certificate of Merit to top-performing participants (only for RC Aircraft Module)
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- Analyze their online scores in comparison with other students
- View analysis of performance of students from across the country
The following awards will be given to top-performing participants
- Best Design Award
- Best Fabrication Award
- Fastest Fabrication Award
- Innovation Award
- Engine/ Electric Motor *
- Electric Motor Controller *
- Propeller *
- Transmitter *
- Receiver *
- Li-Po battery *
- Servo motors (3 pieces) *
- Landing Gear ( main and tail dragger)
Wheels (2 pieces)
Other miscellaneous items
The parts marked * are not part of economy kit. These components would be provided during the workshop but would be taken back after the workshop. This is being done to reduce the cost of the workshop and make it affordable for students who do not want to buy the complete kit.
Complete kit consists of all the above items excluding transmitter and receiver.
#Working tools will be taken back after the workshop
Software used to design and test RC planes
- RC Flying Tutorials and videos
Booklet on design and construction of RC Aircraft
- Booklet on Automobile Design and its Industry Standards
Who should attend?
Student from any background with interest in Aeromodelling
- Student from any background with interest in Automobiles and their Design
Why Skyfi Labs?
- Skyfi Labs - an award winning company working towards transforming textbook geniuses into productive engineers.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
Please feel free to contact us in case of any queries.
18001237177 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
☎ Have a Query?
You can also request us to organize this program in your college