1) RC Aircraft Design, Fabrication and Flying Module
RC Aircraft Design, Fabrication and Flying is an aeromodelling program that helps participants learn about the dynamics and design of an airplane. This program on aeromodelling would introduce the participants to the four pillars of Aerospace Engineering - Aerodynamics, Flight Mechanics, Aircraft Propulsion and Structures, with stress on the first two topics. In this program, basics of electronics relevant to RC aeromodelling(radio controls, servo motors, brushless DC Motors, Electronic Speed Controllers, etc) would also be covered.
A sample video of the module proceedings from our program at Startup Village, Kochi.
2) Ornithopter - Certified by Ornithopter Zone, USA
Ornithopter program will demonstrate bird flight in an interesting way by actually building an Ornithopter! The competition held will demand the participants to make their models fly longer to win an award. The participants will also receive certification from Nathan Chronister, CEO, Ornithopter Zone, USA.
A video of an ornithopter made by the participants in our program.
3) RC Hovercraft
A hovercraft (air-cushion vehicle, ACV) is a craft supported by a cushion of slow moving high-pressure air which is ejected against the surface below and contained within a "skirt". This aeromodelling program on Hovercraft will involve the participants to understand the concept from the basic level and later proceed to build their own Hovercrafts. The entire fabrication of mini hovercrafts will be done by the participants on their own. The competition at the end where participants control their models would determine the efficiency of the craft in terms of maneuverability and speed.
- Design, Develop and Test your own RC Aircraft, Rubber Powered Ornithopter & RC Hovercraft
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary content behind flying vehicles
- Competition at the end of each module to help students participate effectively
RC Aircraft Design, Fabrication and Flying
- Introduction to design, development and control of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Entire model designed and built from scratch
- Design algorithm used is suitable to develop different designs
- Hands-on experience with in-flight electronics - Transmitter, Receiver, Servos, Brushless Motors, Electronic Controller, etc
- Introduction to physics behind bird flight
- Insight into the aerodynamics of flapping wings
- Discussion about the mechanisms to replicate bird flight
- Hands-on experience to build an Ornithopter from the first step
- Understanding the stability and flight of Ornithopter
- Complete model built by the participants on their own
- Introduction to controlling the Hovercraft
- First hand experience of using Radio Control to operate Hovercraft
The course consists of the following modules:
- RC Aircraft Design, Fabrication and Flying
- Ornithopter (Certified by Ornithopter Zone, USA)
- RC Hovercraft
Each module is split into the following sessions
- Hands-on session
- Testing/ Competition
RC Aircraft Design, Fabrication and Flying
- Introductory Lecture on Aeromodelling
- Basics of Flight Dynamics & Aeronautics
- Different Systems in an Aircraft
- Stability & Control of an Aircraft
- Instrumentation in an RC Aircraft
- Interactive Design Session
- Fabrication Session
- Testing Session - all aircrafts designed by the participants are flown by an expert flyer of Team AerotriX
- Basics Aerodynamics of flapping-wing flight
- History of Ornithopters
- Types of flapping-wing aircraft
- Understanding the mechanisms involved in design of flapping-wing flight
- Theory behind designing a Radio Controlled Ornithopter
- Designing rubber-powered Ornithopter from scratch
- Fabrication of Ornithopter
- Test flight /competition
- Basic Concepts of Hovercraft
- Understanding the Physics behind functioning of a Hovercraft
- Structure and parts of a Hovercraft
- Introduction to Remote Controlled Hovercraft
- Electronics used in the design of RC Hovercraft
- Fabrication of Hovercraft
- Controlling the Hovercraft using Radio Control
What is Winter Training and Internship Program about?
In Winter Trainer Program, we provide you a platform to acquire an in-depth knowledge in various fields both theoretically as well as practically through hands on sessions. In this program, you will:
- Develop unique engineering projects which will be useful as academic projects
- Evolve practical engineering skills which helps improve your employability
- Get certified for the training which adds value to your career profile
- International Certificate from Ornithopter Zone, USA
- Certificate of Participation to all the participants
- With Online Examination Scores for those who qualify
- Without Online Examination Scores for those who donot qualify
- Certificate of Merit to top-performing participants
The following awards will be given to top-performing participants
- Best Design Award
- Best Fabrication Award
- Innovation Award
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- Analyze their online scores in comparison with other students
- View analysis of performance of students from across the country
- Engine/ Electric Motor*
- Electric Motor Controller*
- Li-Po battery*
- Servo motors (3 pieces)*
- Landing Gear ( main and tail dragger)
Wheels (2 pieces)
Other miscellaneous items
→ The parts marked * are not part of economy kit. These components would be provided during the program but would be taken back after the program. This is being done to reduce the cost of the program and make it affordable for students who do not want to buy the complete kit.
→ Complete kit consists of all the above items excluding transmitter and receiver.
→ One team will be building 2 models in the Ornithopter module. There is no economy and standard kit scheme for ornithopter. All the teams will be allowed to take away the models with them.
→ ** Working tools will be taken back after the program
→ The electronic components provided for RC Aircraft would be used for RC Hovercraft as well.
Software used to design and test RC planes
- RC Simulator & Design Software
- Booklet on design and construction of all models
Who should attend?
- Student from any background with interest in Aeromodelling
Why Skyfi Labs?
- Skyfi Labs - an award winning company working towards transforming textbook geniuses into productive engineers.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
Please feel free to contact us in case of any queries.
18001237177 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
☎ Have a Query?
You can also request us to organize this program in your college