Learning CAD can completely change the way you see the world. CAD has much to offer to the field of mechanical engineering and is constantly evolving. CAD software like CATIA and SolidWorks have many real-world applications. They allow designers to visualize their projects before finalizing them. Thus, designers can maximize their productivity and cost-efficiency. Knowing mechanical CAD can give you an edge in the job market. Hence, we have listed some of the best CAD online courses in this article.
Have you checked out our projects on CAD yet?
CAD Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
CAD or computer-aided design makes use of computers to enhance every aspect of a design. It is an effective tool in the hands of the designer. It improves the entire process of designing a system. From the structure of the design to its communication. Mechanical CAD can be used to manufacture various mechanical tools and machines. It is also used in building machinery, photo simulations and product modelling.
There are many benefits of using CAD software.
Want to develop practical skills on CAD? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Over time, CAD for mechanical engineering has become an important software for designers all over the world. It can be used to create designs in a 2-D space as well as a 3-D space. Mechanical engineers use CAD in the automobile, aerospace and machine-building industries. CAD for mechanical engineering endows students with a set of special skills. These allow them to become productive assets for the company that employs them. They can work more efficiently than their competitors.
There are many CAD software that is popular among students of mechanical engineering. But there are a few which are widely recognized as better than the rest. CATIA is one of the best basic CAD software. Practical application of CAD is impossible without a strong grasp over the basics. Which is why CATIA is often considered the best mechanical CAD software. SolidWorks is another great CAD software.
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
CAD is an important skill which is sure to enhance your résumé. But many universities are yet to integrate it into their existing courses. And taking specialized classes can be expensive and time-consuming. This should not, however, stop you from learning. Because there are many CAD online courses that are available. Skyfilabs offers many CAD courses that you can choose from. They also provide two options for learning one is self-paced and other is live online, students can pick their convenient options and learn peacefully. Some of the courses offered are:
1. Gear Train Design: This mechanical CAD online course helps you develop gear design with the help of Autodesk Inventor software. It has quite a few real-world applications. You can design gear shafts, bearings and assemble gear trains with the help of the knowledge that you gain from this CAD course.
2. Differential Gear Using Autodesk: Differential gear designs are used extensively in the automobile industry. Autodesk Inventor will also allow you to perform simulations. You can visualize your design and make the necessary changes before forming the final product. You will learn to develop a differential gear. This forms an essential part of every automobile. It distributes the energy generated by the engine equally to all the wheels.
3. Part Design Using Autodesk Inventor: In this CAD online course, you will learn how to use CAD for mechanical engineering. You will be able to simulate and build complex designs. The course will also familiarize you with various aspects of 3-D CAD modelling. Many of which have useful practical applications.
4. Part Design Using SolidWorks: Part designing can also be done using SolidWorks. SolidWorks is one of the most sought after CAD software in the market currently. CAD drawings, parametric design and key and shaft design are some of the things that you’ll learn in this mechanical CAD course.
5. Mechanism Design Using Autodesk Inventor: This CAD online course teaches you to use mechanical CAD designing to build mechanisms and test them against various physical forces. You will start by building the simpler Geneva Wheel mechanism. And then you will move on to more complex projects.
6. Sheet Metal and Surface Modeling Using CATIA: This is a useful course for those who want to enter the automobiles industry. Sheet metal and surface modelling are used in almost 70% of modern automobiles. Surface designing allows you to make your product more aesthetically appealing. You will learn to design features like gussets, ribs and heat sinks for electric designs.
7. Sheet Metal and Surface Modeling Using SolidWorks: You will learn the same skills in this course as in the previous course. But this time you will be using SolidWorks. The first project you’ll build is the casing of a CPU.
8. Mechanism Design Using SolidWorks- Mechanism design forms the foundation for product designing. In this CAD online course, you will learn how to build different mechanisms and test them for real-world challenges. It’s similar to the course on mechanism design offered by Autodesk Inventor.
The three main CAD software taught by Skyfi Labs are Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks and CATIA. And each CAD online course is customized to suit that particular software. The courses are user-friendly and are popular among complete amateurs as well. The best part is that you will get a separate trainer to teach you all these courses as per your schedule. And they are extremely affordable too.
Stay up-to-date and build projects on latest technologies