Games are getting popular day by day because one can do things that are not possible in the real world. With the help of game development, you can also create a game rather than only playing it. If you are a beginner and want to get started with game development this article helps you by providing some game development projects that you can develop and learn this technology.
Have you checked out our projects on Game Development yet?
Game Development Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
Let’s start with basics!
Game development is the process of creating games that involve processes like creating a story, developing characters, composing audios, generating the environment, etc. Also, it is important to take care of game mechanics, player engagement, rewards and level design while developing a game. To become a successful game designer you should be equipped with skills like programming, creativity, problem-solving, etc.
Game engines help developers to input things like physics, scripting, rendering, input, collision detection and many other things without the need for programming. Thus, makes the development process quicker and gives more time for developers to focus on object interaction, character development, story creation, etc. Below are the best game engines used to develop games:
Want to develop practical skills on Game Development? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Programming is an integral part of game development. It helps developers to add details to the product. Below is the list of best programming languages that are used to build game development projects:
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Beginners will find it difficult to understand the game development process, to get started with, you can develop game development projects using the above-mentioned tools and programming languages. Below are some interesting game development projects for beginners that you can start with:
1. Client-server game: By working on this game development project, you will learn to develop a game using a client-server network. This type of game helps to avoid problems like disconnection due to poor internet. Mini militia, Asphalt 8 are some examples of client-server games.
2. Rock, paper, scissor game using python: Everyone of us might have played this game during our childhood. In this game development project, you will use the python programming language to develop this game.
Get the source code here
3. Sudoku game: Playing Sudoku will help you to improve your IQ. Developing a simple sudoku game is one of the best ways to start with game development. In this game development project, you will learn to develop a sudoku puzzle that contains a 9x9 grid and 3x3 occupied with numbers.
4. Tank fight game: In this game development project, you will develop a multiplayer game where two players will be placed on top of a mountain and equipped with a tank. They will shoot each other and the first one falls from the cliff loses the game.
5. Tetris game: Tetris is one of the basic games and also the best choice to learn game development. In this game, you will use the arrow keys to control the movement of the elements.
6. Fruit ninja game: This game became popular after the launch of touchscreen mobiles. You will use the pygame library to develop this game. In this game development project, you will animate the slicing of the fruit.
7. 2D racing game: In this game development project, you will develop a 2D car racing game using python, where two cars will be going in a starting line and the player has to change the gears according to the RPM to win the game.
8. Pinball game: It is one of the interesting arcade games of all time. You will use the python programming language with pygame library to develop this game. By working on this game development project, you will use some physics concepts to calculate the projection of the ball.
9. Tic Tac Toe game using python: In this game development project, you will learn to develop GUI for the game using python. This game is played between two players and any one of the players has to mark either X or O horizontally or vertically.
10. Snake game: It is one of the most popular vintage games where the snake will grow after eating the food and the game will get over if the snake touches the body the game will get over.
11. Ping pong game: Ping pong game is a popular game where two players use small slag to prevent the ball from falling down.
12. Python Pacman game
13. Slide puzzle game
14. Memory puzzle game
15. Flappy bird game
16. Clickomania game
17. Target practice game
18. Python hangman game
19. Magic 8 ball game
20. Keyboard jump game
21. Mars mission game
22. Card game
23. Jewel game
24. Social network game
25. Maths puzzle board game
If you are a beginner to game development but don’t know how to start, you can check the below mentioned online game development courses that cover all the game development concepts from basics.
1. Game development using augmented reality: In this online game development course, you will use industry-wide tools like Unity and Vuforia to develop games. You will learn concepts like dynamic mapping, post estimation and create smart terrain to develop a game.
2. Python for game development: Python is a multidisciplinary language and it is used for various purposes. Popular games like battlefield, civilization and many other games are developed using python. In this online game development course, you will learn game development concepts like game level design, scene design, animatic sprites, adding points, lives and many more things required to develop a game.
3. Game development with Unity: Unity is one of the important game engines that is widely used by game developers to build games. This online course on game development will help you to learn this gaming tool by developing real time projects.
Stay up-to-date and build projects on latest technologies