The biggest game development trends of recent years have been Big Data, VR, Cloud gaming and Esports. Over the years, the video game industry has grown to be a major player within the entertainment sector. For instance, experts believe that the game development industry will be worth $90 billion by 2020. With both big and small companies experimenting with integration with AI, VR, and cloud computing, it looks like the industry will have a great future. That is why game development online courses are rising in popularity. In this article, we will take a look at the best game development online tutorials out there.
Discover more game development online courses
Have you checked out our projects on Game Development yet?
Game Development Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
Game Development is the process of developing and creating games and handles all aspects, such as design, audio and video components and coding. It involves several stages and components and handles all the processes regarding the creation of games. Creating a game requires a lot of thinking, designing, storyboard writing and coding. Therefore, it requires coders, sound designers, artists and designers. There are large game development studios which have a team of all these professionals who create games. While the artists and designers generate the world within the game, studios need a coder to create the actual game. Finally, a tester analyses the product and reviews it, suggesting changes and updates.
Explore more about game development
Most game developers use Game Development Engines to create levels and games. That is why most game development online courses also teach students how to use Game Engines. This software makes it a lot easier to design games, by allowing creators to reuse functionalities. It also handles graphics rendering, collision detection, sound editing and scripting. While certain engines, like CryEngine and Unreal, are a little difficult to learn, Construct 2 is a great beginner engine. Here’s a look at the most popular game engines used within the industry.
Want to develop practical skills on Game Development? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Skyfi Labs helps students develop skills in a hands-on manner through Game Development Online Courses where you learn by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep.
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and
grab the best jobs.
Start Learning Game Development today!
Some of the most important elements of game development are as follows;
Therefore, as a developer, you can be in charge of any one of the following. While most of the actual creation requires extensive coding, there are certain aspects that do not need much coding. The smaller the team, the more work each developer will have to handle. Typically, you may be involved with either the audio and video tableau, character building, or the actual level design. Within bigger teams, you will be in charge of more specific things, such as graphics rendering or BGM building.
1. Game Development using Augmented Reality project
Ever since the AR game Pokemon Go took the world by a storm, gaming companies are eager to use AR in their apps. Through this game development online tutorial, students will learn about how they can accomplish this. Students will learn about what sets AR apart from other technologies and how to leverage it to create powerful games. They will also learn about Dynamic Mapping, Pose Estimation, and Smart Terrain creation for games.
2. Game Development with Unity
The video game industry will be worth $300 billion by 2025, thanks to the support of over 2.5 billion gamers around the globe. This game development online course will help students understand how AR can help with this growth. In this game development course, students will work with Unity to create various game components. They will also learn to build scenes and create different levels. Students will learn more about C#, Game development, and finally, upload their game on Facebook and Playstore.
3. Python for Game Development
If you are a game enthusiast looking for a cool Python project, then look no further. Python is used extensively in the world of game development. Some of your favourite games, such as Civilization IV and Battlefield II, are built using Python. This game development online tutorial will teach you how to create games using Python. Students will learn game level design, scene design, and the basics of OOP. Moving on, they will learn to animate objects, design layers, and even add lives, points, and pages to their games.
1. Sudoku Game: A great game that beginners can try creating is the ever-popular Math-based game Sudoku. In this game development online tutorial, students will learn how to create a High-IQ game that people have been playing for centuries.
2. Crosswords Game: Another great word-based game that beginners should try developing is Crossword. This game requires less designing and coding, as it has fewer graphical elements. Students can start off with some simple code to bring this great game to life.
3. Role-Playing Game: Moving forward, developers can try for a more graphic-intensive RPG game. Such games require a lot of thought with regards to storyboard writing and character development.
4. Multi-player Game: No longer do people play alone within the confines of their homes. There are large gaming communities out there with millions of players. The rising popularity of MPGs makes them a great part to add to game development online courses.
5. Card Game: Let’s face it, we all like playing card games. Therefore, they are an extremely popular game development trend that will only grow in the future. Some game development online tutorials teach students how to develop their own card game variant.
Which of these game development projects will you be taking? Make the best use of your free time during this Study-From-Home period and work towards building a great future for yourself!
Join 250,000+ students from 36+ countries & develop practical skills by building projects
Get kits shipped in 24 hours. Build using online tutorials.
Stay up-to-date and build projects on latest technologies