What is this workshop about?
The design of tall buildings essentially involves conceptual design, approximate analysis, preliminary design and optimization to safely carry different loads acting on structure. The structural design for a skyscraper must ensure that the building is able to stand up safely, able to function without excessive deflections or movements which may cause fatigue of structural elements, cracking or failure of fixtures, fittings or partitions, or discomfort for occupants. Tall Building Design Workshop primarily aims at educating the participants about analysis and design of tall buildings.
Students will be introduced to Structural building engineering and associated software used in tall building design. With the help of various case studies, the participants would be made to understand and develop the skills required for designing tall buildings in the real world. Participants will learn to evaluate different problem statements given to them and so increase proficiency in key civil engineering concepts.
- The program is designed to take the participants through the technical concepts involved in Structural engineering
- Analyze and design a building using an industry grade software
- Understand the effect of wind load on high rise building
- Discussion about implementing the knowledge gained to develop B.Tech/M.Tech Project
- Lecture Session - 1.5 hrs
- Practical Session (hands-on session on industry grade software) - 6.5 hrs
- Lecture Session
- High Rise building
- Structural systems
- Load resisting systems
- Codes requirements conforming to Indian Standard
- Load Calculation ( Dead , Live , Wind )
- Practical Session
- Industrial approach to projects
- Modelling of a structure: An overview
- Member Specifications and Property Assignment
- Loading: Dead , Live , Wind , Combinations
- Analysis: SFD,BMD, Deflections
- Design of concrete frames as per IS456
- Story Response Plot: Lateral stability and deflection drifts
- Generating report
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All Civil Simplified certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication.
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
- Civil Engineering aspirants
- Students willing to pursue a career in Structural building engineering
Why Skyfi Labs?
- Skyfi Labs - an award winning company working towards transforming textbook geniuses into productive engineers.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
18002003855 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
☎ Have a Query?
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college
Can't attend at Udupi?
Other Popular Engineering Workshops..