By attending this workshop, you will learn to build your own quadcopter and develop a drone with an autopilot system that can autonomously fly a programmed route and perform various maneuvers programmatically. The drone that you develop will have a GPS, autopilot system and live transmission to the ground station. Understanding this technology is very essential for various applications like aerial photogrammetry, 3D mapping, multispectral imaging etc.
This workshop introduces you to the technologies involved in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and the techniques involved in making a working autonomous drone. You will practically understand the basics of Quadcopter design, electronics involved, sensors, navigation, communication systems and autopilot system.
- Functioning of a Quadcopter
- Learn the basics of aviation engineering
- Build a rotary-wing UAV: Quadrotor
- Understanding the Electronics involved in Quadrotor
- Sensors, navigation, autopilot system and Telemetry
- Autopilot software and ground station
- Flight Trails and error rectification
- Hands-on experience with DC motors, electronic speed controllers, Autopilot board, Autopilot software, GPS and Telemetry
Course Structure and Topics covered
- Introduction to UAVs, History, classifications
- Fixed and rotary wing air vehicles
- Fabrication of UAV frames
- Quadcopter Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics
- Autopilot Systems, GPS and Telemetry
- DC Motors, ESCs and Power Systems
- Mission Planner Software
- Calibration and Testing of the developed Quadcopter Planning Flight Path
- Performing various maneuvers with Autopilot
Note: Students would build quadrotor in the first 3 days and then work on the Autopilot systems in the next days.
KK2.1.5 flight controller
- Pixhawk Px4 2.4.8 Flight Controller
- UBLOX NEO-M8N GPS and Compass module
- Pixhawk power module
- 433 MHZ Data telemetry
- PPM encoder
- GPS Stand
Brushless DC motors
Propellers (Pushers and Pullers)
Electronic Speed Controllers
Power Distribution Board
Screws and Nuts
- Transmitter *
- Receiver *
- Working tools *
All the above components would be provided during the program to participants in groups of 5 but would be taken back at the end. This is being done to reduce the cost of the program and make it affordable for students who do not want to buy the take-away kit.
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All Skyfi Labs certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
Anybody interested in Aeromodelling, Drones, UAV's technology and autopilot systems can attend this workshop.
Why Skyfi Labs?
- Skyfi Labs - an award winning company working towards transforming textbook geniuses into productive engineers.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
Read FAQs here
. These FAQs can answer your queries quickly.
If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us:
18001237177 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
The details of paying guest or private hostel facilities given below are near to the venue. These are given for the benefit of participants. We are in no way associated with them. We would request the students to contact them in advance before reaching the venue for booking their accommodation.
Accommodation details for men
- Sri Vinayaga Viraj Boys Pg
- Contact: +91-9152835727
- Address: House Num-2595/1 Mandir Wali Gali, Shadipur, Delhi - 110008
Accommodation details for women
- Saahi Girls Pg
- Contact: +91-9152597814
- Address: 15A/8 Pooja Park, Karol Bagh, Delhi - 110005, Near Vaji Ram
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college