What is this workshop about?
Transportation is a non-separable part of any society. Due to the continuous improvement of infrastructure, and hence increasing transportation needs, civil engineers need to have practical understanding of transportation engineering.
This workshop aims to provide working knowledge on the computational methods for analysis of traffic signaling systems and traffic density at junctions.
Participants will learn
- To perform microscopic simulation of road network
- To evaluate and plan urban, extra-urban transport infrastructure
- Necessary tools, techniques used for transportation engineering
- Introduction to fundamental concepts and basic components of a traffic system
- Perform Micro Simulation of Network using industry grade software
- Model complex highway junctions and road networks
- Discussion about implementing the knowledge gained to develop B.Tech/M.Tech Project
- Lecture Session - 4 hrs
- Practical Session (hands-on session on industry grade software) - 11.5 hrs
- Certificate Distribution Session - 0.5 hr
- Lecture Session
- Transportation Engineering
- Pavements Design
- Types of pavements and characterization
- Analysis and design of flexible pavements
- Traffic Engineering
- Fundamental parameters of traffic flow
- Basic Principles of Intersection Signalization
- Phase design
- Practical Session
- Micro Simulation of Network
- Analysis and optimisation of Signalized Intersection
- Analysis of Unsignalized intersection
- Creating road networks using background images
- Network performance analysis
- Case studies on industrial projects
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All Civil Simplified certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
- Transportation Engineering aspirants
- Students willing to pursue a career in Transportation Engineering
Why Skyfi Labs?
- Skyfi Labs - an award winning company working towards transforming textbook geniuses into productive engineers.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
18001237177 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college