The article below provides information about how you can build a successful career in construction technology. It is a course that you can study to develop experience in the field of construction and apply for jobs or further studies. In this article, we have covered the topics including the scope of construction technology, skills required for a successful career in construction technology and also relevant skills that you can imbibe and how you can imbibe those skills are mentioned.
Have you checked out our projects on Civil Engineering yet?
Civil Engineering Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
3. CPM & BIM
11. ETABS Software
A great way to gain experience in this field is to develop practical skills by practicing building projects.
For instance, we at Skyfi Labs developed a career building course on construction technology and as part of this course, you will develop multiple projects related to construction technology. It provides you all the needed skills and experience for your career in construction technology.Check out Construction Technology career-building course
Construction technology has always been popular among people. Construction technology refers to constructing large structures including houses, roads, and dams. It requires planning and implementing such plans and coordinating. To pursue a career in construction technology, civil engineering is a viable path to select.
After completing graduation/post-graduation, you can take up a job as an engineer of construction planning or site engineering in areas of construction projects like housing, hospitals or commercial buildings. As a construction manager, you can optimise and quicken the scheduled design and construction duration.
A job after pursuing Civil Engineering is a blessing. The job includes designing structures which may be provided to a Civil Engineer after graduating. The jobs require employees to practice skills like supervision and construction. In the future, there will be a huge demand for civil engineers as the population is increasing day by day which increases the need for buildings also.Learn more about Construction Technology
To make a successful career in construction technology, a civil engineer should focus on the various aspects mentioned below:
Want to develop practical skills on Civil Engineering? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
To develop a career in construction technology, it is important for you to get a degree. The degrees can be in:
Skyfi Labs helps students develop skills in a hands-on manner through Civil Engineering Online Courses where you learn by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep.
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and
grab the best jobs.
Start Learning Civil Engineering today!
In the country, we have a large number of companies hiring civil engineers for various construction projects. Here is a list of some well-established companies to look:
List of some companies you can apply with GATE score:
Apart from the technical knowledge provided by the university, you should have certain qualities or traits that make them stand out in this profession. While some of them cannot be acquired and come along as behavioural qualities, some are taught.
For developing such skills, Skyfi Labs provide various projects which enable the student to learn various skills and gain the required knowledge.
If you are very interested in having a career in construction technology, with our construction technology career-building course, you will learn the concepts from basics to advanced by building projects practically.Learn more about Construction technology career-building course
Listed below are the projects that you will learn as part of the construction technology career-building course to gain experience in the field of construction:
1. Tall Buildings Analysis and Design: In this construction technology project, students will learn design, construction, and analysis of tall buildings. You will also be taught to use the various software used for designing buildings. You will also be introduced to ETABS software.
2. Seismic Analysis and Design: Effects of seismic loads on buildings and seismic analysis are important projects that will be worked upon for developing necessary skills. In this project, you will learn about the design considerations involved in seismic analysis and varied loads acting on the system. You will use industrial-grade software (SAP2000 & ETABS) to analyse & design your very own seismic-resistant building according to IS codes.
3. Foundation Analysis and Design: In this construction technology project, you will be taught the concepts and considerations of foundation design. Forces and stress, as well as the design of footing are also focused upon in the projects.
4. Building Information Modelling: In this construction technology project you will start by designing a simple single room building and then progress to a residential building and finally use all the BIM tools to design a multi-storey building.
5. Construction Project Management: As a part of the project, you will be taught what construction project management is, why it is necessary, its different phases and the various software used in the field.
Hope you got some knowledgeable information from this article.
We wish you all the best for your career in construction technology.
If you are very interested in pursuing a career in construction technology you can take up a career-building course in construction technology that helps you to learn and build a successful career.Enroll now!
Apart from civil engineering and construction technology courses, Skyfi Lab provides various other career-building courses also. You can check the details by clicking the link below.View all career building projects
For any queries, feel free to comment below or visit our official website. Our expert will get back to you shortly.
Stay up-to-date and build projects on latest technologies