Are you a student searching for a good project topic? Then this article is for you. Through this article, you will get information about wireless communication, types of wireless communication, advantages, and the latest technologies in wireless communication.
Have you checked out our projects on Wireless Communication yet?
Wireless Communication Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
Wireless Communication is basically the flow of information or energy or power from one point to another that is not physically connected with each other. They are not even connected by any conductor and still, the energy gets transferred. Wireless communication is a type of data communication which is done and transmitted wirelessly. It is actually a broad term used for all the procedures required within the system. These include connecting and communicating between various devices with the help of a wireless signal using technology and devices.
The basic mechanism of wireless communication works through electromagnetic signals which are spread by an embedded device through the air, any physical environment or the atmosphere. There can be three types of devices involved in the whole process that are: sender, receiver and intermediator. The sender sends the signals aiming to the receiver, the receiver captures the signals and performs as needed. The intermediator is a device which behaves as a bridge between the sender and the receiver. It is generally used to boost up the signals and making sure that the signals get transmitted to the desired end properly.
Want to develop practical skills on Wireless Communication? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Types of Wireless communication:
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Now that you know what wireless communication is all about, you would be excited to build your own project on wireless communication. Hence, let’s see what is the best option to get started with.
Once you gain enough knowledge about wireless communication system, you can focus on individual components of the system which are usually used in building the system. Some of the majorly used components in wireless communication are Antenna, WiFi module, Zigbee module, Bluetooth module, GSM module, etc.
Some of the best projects to start with are:Learn more about wireless communication
1. GPS and GSM based tracker: Like Bluetooth and WiFi. GPS and GSM also have vital importance in the field of wireless communication. Through this wireless communication project, you can connect your mobile phone or any other devices to get constant updates about location and be informed about it through SMS. The GPS component takes care of the location based on the gridline and the GSM part enables the device to send SMS with the help of Arduino.
2. Swarm Robotics: In this wireless communication project you will learn about swarm robotics which is basically the intelligence between multiple robots, how they communicate and coordinate in order to achieve a certain target. You will also learn about master-slave communication.
3. Voice-controlled robot: This wireless communication project is based on voice or speech recognition ability of a device from spoken language. Through this project, you will build a voice-controlled robot that works on voice command. As part of this project, you will also make an Android app which will basically identify and understand your voice and give instructions accordingly. This is done with the help of Bluetooth. This project will really make you understand how the applications like Siri (in iPhone), Google Assistant and Amazon Echo works.
4. WiFi controlled robot: WiFi has become so common nowadays and hence we can make a lot of use out of it. In this wireless communication project, you will build a WiFi controlled robot which can operate in a short-range with the help of a computer or website. For this project we would need a proper internet connection and the connection can be done with the help of ESP 8266 module. This project will enable you to control your robot through a laptop.
5. Home Automation using IoT: In this wireless communication project you will learn to develop a system that automates your home appliances with the help of Bluetooth technology. As part of this project, you will learn about IoT concepts, Bluetooth communication, Arduino architecture, etc.Get the project details
6. IoT using Raspberry Pi: In this wireless communication project you will learn to develop a weather monitoring device using Raspberry Pi as a microcontroller. Raspberry Pi is a small card-sized computer. DHT sensor is used to detect the changes in the surrounding environment.Get the project details
7. Smart Irrigation System: In this wireless communication project, you will build an electronic gadget which is used to irrigate the farm fields based on the moisture content. By doing this we can save water. ESP-8266 Wi-Fi module, soil moisture sensor, and Arduino Board are used to build this project.Get the project details
8. Bluetooth Robotics: In this wireless communication project Bluetooth communication is used to control the robot. Bluetooth module, motor driver, Arduino board and DC motors are used in this project.Get the project details
9. Mobile Robotics: As part of this wireless communication project you will learn to build a robot that can be controlled using a mobile with the help of Bluetooth.Get the project details
10. Smart Water Monitoring: In this wireless communication project you will develop a system that monitors the flow of water through a pipe and stores the data in the cloud. Stored data can be used for future analysis.Get the project details
11. Wireless power transfer: This wireless communication project will help you to build a device to transfer power which eliminates the use of electrical components like copper wires etc for carrying the waves. This project will help in charging of batteries in case of emergency.
12. Bluetooth based garage Door opening: This project will allow you to build a device such that it can open the door of a garage with the help of Bluetooth through your smartphone or laptop. This will make the vehicle parking in the garage a lot simpler. In this project, you will use ATMEGA microcontroller and the EEPROM to control the gate with the help of a password which makes it more secured and the owner can change it whenever required.
13. Smart card security system: This project is basically a security system to control a device with the help of smart card technology. This will enable the security of any areas as the only authorized person having the card can enter the premises. This system is used in various organizations, offices to maintain security.
Hope you got some good information about the best wireless communication projects.Enroll now!
If you are very interested in making wireless communication projects and want to explore more about wireless technologies, we at Skyfi Labshave developed some online project-based course through which you can learn and build innovative projects right from your home.
For any queries, feel free to comment below or visit our official website. Our expert will get back to you shortly.
Stay up-to-date and build projects on latest technologies