“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world,'' says Nelson Mandela. These words wouldn't perfectly suit any other profession than civil engineering. Literally, they change the view of the world by building the infrastructure that we are using in our everyday life. This is one of the oldest professions in the world that has just got a little bit varied in the way of working. I am pretty sure that building or creating something with our hands is innate to every human being. Right from playfully building sand houses at the beach and branding it as our castle, some may chase their true passion for building and succeed in finding their dream job (some may end up building only sand houses like me;-p). Anyways, such civil engineers with true passion can transform the world with a great aesthetic appeal. You may wonder is this hype all worth it? Well, I am here to explain what civil engineering is all about and help you with choosing the right projects. We, at Skyfi Labs, offer you the ideas of how to develop good civil engineering projects, which might provide you the benefit of securing a perfect job for you.
Have you checked out our projects on Civil Engineering yet?
Civil Engineering Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
3. CPM & BIM
11. ETABS Software
As I have already mentioned, civil engineers hold a great responsibility in transforming the world and thereby securing the safety of the people. Their responsibilities are many, right from constructing the broad highways and the skyrocketing buildings to the connecting bridges and tunnels. A civil project does not only need the proper material for the construction but also stern and steady planning done prior to the commencement of the project. For this, a civil engineer plays a vital role in it. These engineers deal with designing, constructing, and maintaining a physical environment. Civil engineers create an impact on everything we use and everything around us. There are five types of civil engineering projects. They are:
1. Structural Engineering: Everything needs prior planning to get it done successfully. So, structural engineers do the designs and analyze the construction of towers, bridges, dams, buildings, so on and so forth. Just like other fields in engineering, structural engineers use physics and math to do the planning such as the reliability of the structures, stability, and strength. This field plays a major role in designing and choosing the materials for a particular project.
2. Construction and Management Engineering: This is all about creating structures like roads, buildings, bridges, and railways. This field aims at building the structures in sustainable, safe, the most efficient and eco-friendly way possible. After the construction phase, there comes the maintenance phase, where the planning is done on the operation, maintenance and refurbishment over the project's lifetime.
3. Water Engineering: What is water engineering is all about? Here, water engineers design various ways to store and direct the water. Understanding the behavioral patterns of water systems such as coasts and rivers, it involves creating a way to conserve water.
4. Geotechnical Engineering: This is all about dealing with the different kinds of grounds that a particular project deals with. They examine the nature of the ground, whether it is made up of rock or soil and the ways of how the land will interact with the project. People in this field deals with structures such as bridges, roads, railways, tunnels and so on.
5. Transport Engineering: As the name suggests, this field deals with the designing, planning, and operation of transport systems in large sizes. Of the above all, transport engineering gives us more benefits in our daily life. As we have many transportations such as air, land, water, and railway, the main job of these kinds of engineers is to check whether these transportations meet the standards. The standards include safety and sustainability along with the goal of turning those into eco-friendly with fewer emissions.
To keep it simple, civil engineers work mainly on two kinds of projects, which are Standard Design or Analysis and Developing New Solutions.
In the first project, civil engineers prepare reports and create drawings for the project, they even design more than one idea. The initial discussion of choosing a suitable design would take place. Structural Engineering fits perfectly in this type. In the latter project, the engineers find the problem, write a draft on how to solve the particular problem, test the proposal and check if the problem has been solved. Geotechnical engineering can be a perfect example of this type.
There would be more concerns when you start a project. You cannot blindly proceed with the idea that you have in your mind. Proper steps should be taken to process the project and to complete it successfully.
Want to develop practical skills on Civil Engineering? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
With all the expertise in the engineering field, Skyfi Labs offer you the best Civil projects that you could take up and develop your skillset in the civil engineering field. We have developed the projects in such a way that you will start learning from basic concepts it will guide you in a step by step manner.
1. CPM & BIM
This Civil project will make you get ready for the profession such as BIM Engineer and project manager. This course makes you learn about the basic concepts of construction project management. You will also learn to use Primavera and Graphisoft Archicad software to do the BIM.
2. Structural and Foundational Analysis
This is the most important thing to learn as a civil engineer to work in a construction process. You will get to learn seismic design, foundations design and tall building design using the industrial-grade software like SAFE, ETABS and SAP2000.
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
3. Construction Technology (Career Building Course)
This civil project gives you the confidence to venture into your career in the Construction Industry and even gives you enough experience to seek many jobs. You will develop the required skills and practically learn the basic concepts of Construction Technology to the advanced level through building projects. You will get to develop projects like Seismic Analysis & Design, Foundation Analysis & Design, Tall Buildings Analysis & Design, and Construction Project Management.
It would be an understatement to say that Civil engineering plays a vital role in our society. Almost everything which is of greater use today is created by civil engineers. Right from the buildings we live-in to daily transportation, we need their expertise in creating those. We, at Skyfi Labs, offer you some great civil engineering projects to enroll and work on to get experience for a good job in the field or an insight of any relevant topic to proceed with your higher studies. If any queries regarding the civil projects, please do leave a comment below. We'll reach you shortly.
Stay up-to-date and build projects on latest technologies