As a teacher or parent, you must always be on the lookout for the next best thing for your child or student near you. Well, one of the most fundamental skills that children can have nowadays is the ability to code. Coding classes for kids helps them learn a valuable skill, and it also prepares them for the future. Furthermore, it imbibes in them useful skills like leadership, teamwork, and social etiquette. However, since we all live busy lives, it is challenging to enroll in classes that are far away from us. That is why most parents look for coding programs for kids near them so that the classes are approachable and accessible. Well, look no further, because we have the answer to all your queries. In this blog, we will take a look at the best after-school coding programs for kids near you!
Book a free trial & learn more about online coding classes for kids
Have you checked out our projects on Robotics for kids yet?
Robotics for kids Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
2. Robotics Explorer (Age 11+)
3. Robotics Champion (Age 14+)
Coding is a lifelong skill that is very integral and important if you wish to have a STEM in the future. Though most parents believe that their children can learn to code only after middle school, this notion is wrong. Coding classes for kids help young children explore the world of programming in ways that suit them. For instance, most coding programs for kids near you will feature visual elements of coding, making it easier for young children to grasp. These classes bring together animated stories, cartoons, and video games to introduce programming to children.
These computer coding classes for kids help children with a platform to launch their curiosity and intuition, leading to further exploration. They help instill creativity, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills in children. Furthermore, it also brings together children with similar interests, helping them create long-lasting friendships. These classes help children of varying ages and intellectual ability. They are especially useful for young children who love video games, building blocs are creatives and have an innate interest in technology. So, when can you start enrolling children in coding classes near you?
Also, Coding and Robotics go hand in hand. So why not introduce them to Robotics courses too? The courses come with kits and expert trainers too. Your child can direcrtly train and learn from experts in a hands-on manner with their very own kits. The curriculum in these courses are curated in a manner to help your child pick up coding and robotic concepts in a fun and easy way. If you want to get your child into a course like this, then here is a list of the best online robotics courses for kids.
Want to develop practical skills on Robotics for kids? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Most parents are of the opinion that children can learn to code only after the age of 12. However, this notion is very untrue because educationists feel that coding can be taught much earlier to children. Most studies show that children as young as seven can start to learn to program. In fact, most coding classes for kids start from the age of seven and go till the age of 15 or 16. The earlier they are introduced to the basics of programming, the more time they have to learn more advanced topics. Also, this extra knowledge at a young age helps them develop their STEM skills later on. You now know what happens at coding classes for kids and how young children can start. Next, let us look at why you should bother with any of this in the first place.
Book a free trial & Learn more about coding for kids
Skyfi Labs helps students develop skills in a hands-on manner through Robotics for kids Online Courses where you learn by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep.
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and
grab the best jobs.
Start Learning Robotics for kids today!
There are several programming languages out there, and hence, choosing the right one is critical. Now that you know how, why, and when your child can start coding classes for kids, let us take a look at what to focus on.
1. Scratch: Often regarded as the best programming language to start young kids on, Scratch is highly interactive and visual. Built by MIT Media Labs, this programming tool and language was built specifically to teach kids programming. Therefore, it is easy to grasp, fun to use, and interesting to learn. It has enough functionality while retaining its simplicity and emphasis on logic, rather than syntax.
2. Blockly: This is a tool that most experts view as Google’s answer to Scratch. It makes use of visual aids and block programming methodology to introduce coding to children. It has an intuitive, responsive, and simple user interface that feels a lot like a building block layout. Also, the language is powerful, having elements of PHP, Python, Lua, and even Dark in it.
3. Lua: If you have older children who won’t mind textual coding, then Lua is the one for you! This scripting language serves as a great transition tool from block to text-based coding. It is simple enough to learn and has extensive applications due to its ability to integrate easily with other applications. Therefore, Lua is an elegant and robust language that is child-friendly and simple to learn.
4. Python: Regarded as an extremely robust and powerful language, Python is also simple enough to teach kids. It has an easy to understand syntax, that makes it possible for kids to focus on the logical part of things. Furthermore, it has a lot of scopes, applicability, and extensive support leading to broader usage during later years.
5. Java: While Java is a lot more complicated, it also has a lot more scope than the other languages listed here, just like Python. Furthermore, if children begin their coding journey with Java, the rest of the languages will be a cake-walk for them. With Java, children will learn about the stricter notion of syntax and work with OOP concepts. Due to its universal acceptance, you will also find that there is no earth when it comes to online resources for learning Java.
If you are looking for great introductory coding programs for kids near you, this might be what you are looking for. It serves as a great introduction, helping kids learn about fundamental concepts. The online class is for kids of age 8 that teach very basic steps in programming. This also goes a long way in helping children think analytically and logically. If your child has an inkling for video games, this starter course will make sure they take up coding more seriously. It will go through basics such as scratch programming for kids, painting, and simple animations.
Suitable for kids with some basic knowledge in programming, this coding class for kids helps them to take their interests further. It works well for children above the age of 11, helping them explore more concepts and broaden their knowledge. This online coding class helps kids to learn the programming language with ease. Children use scratch programming and develop apps for themselves. They will learn coding by developing various games including Flappy bird, ping-pong, and Treasure hunt.
If your child has been equipped with some basics of coding, this class will help him/her to explore text-based coding language. Suitable for kids above the age of fourteen, it helps kids to learn coding by developing various mobile applications and also helps them to understand how the technology around them works. Kids will work on MIT App Inventor and will learn to create Video Players, Messengers, and GPS Apps.
What makes us different from the other coding programs for kids near you is that we have years’ worth of experience in the field. We handle a variety of topics for children, and young adults, spread across a range of years. Hence, our curriculum is set for kids of varying ages, making it perfect for their particular ability. Our environment is very conducive to learning, helping young children be creative, exploratory, and logical. Furthermore, all our teachers and guides are qualified professionals hailing from engineering backgrounds. Therefore, you will never have to worry about the quality of education and instruction. Most of our classes for young children feature one-to-one sessions, enabling our instructors to give special attention to your child. Whether you want a great after-school coding program for kids near you or a great online coding class for kids, we can help you! Feel free to contact us to find out how we can help you through a center near your area.
Join 250,000+ students from 36+ countries & develop practical skills by building projects
Get kits shipped in 24 hours. Build using online tutorials.
Stay up-to-date and build projects on latest technologies