Wonder what would happen if the Wi-Fi that we use, wasn’t there? Or if the GPS in our phones was absent? How could we have reached our destinations then, in a completely strange city as we can today, using Google Maps? Thanks to the Bluetooth technology that enables us to communicate with the device, transfer files and play loud music on the speaker to celebrate. If these weren’t there, what else could have an alternative be? Definitely something out of reach.
Well, the advancement in technology every year has given birth to several other new ways of communication as well. Wireless communication out of all has a major role to play. As we all know, stated above are the examples of wireless communication that show how crucial their use is. Wireless communication indeed is one of the greatest technologies today.
Have you checked out our projects on Wireless Communication yet?
Wireless Communication Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
This article brings you some information on wireless communication and tells what are the latest projects based on the same. For students willing to explore more in this field, this is the best chance as this platform will not only provide you with the latest happenings but also with some smart projects that you can include in your CV to earn brownie points. This article will also answer some of the basic questions like what is wireless communication, where are its applications used, etc.
So, don’t wait, come and see what we have in store for you!
Want to develop practical skills on Wireless Communication? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
As the name suggests, wireless communication implies communication taking place without the involvement of a wire, or so to say, an electrical conductor. This communication can be between more than two number of points (as in Wi-Fi) and can be conducted anywhere. The most common examples you will find near you are FM Radio, Bluetooth technology, Satellite Communication, GPS and many more. This type of communication lets the users communicate in remote areas where the laying of wires is extremely difficult and thus enjoys huge popularity amongst people. This technology can act over varying distances depending on the availability and requirements.
Evolution of this technology contributes largely to saving time, energy and cost of laying wires over long distances and then maintaining them.
Skyfi Labs helps students develop skills in a hands-on manner through Wireless Communication Online Courses where you learn by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep.
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and
grab the best jobs.
Start Learning Wireless Communication today!
As mentioned, this section focuses on project ideas that you as engineering students would love to take up. It is recommended that you go through each project idea carefully and select the one that best suits your interests. If you face any sort of problem, you are free to seek our guidance at Skyfi Labs.
1. Automated street lightning using IoT (wireless project): This wireless communication project helps you build a light-sensitive device that automatically turns the switch on and off depending on the intensity of sunlight falling on it. A very efficient device that saves energy is now found in many developed countries. Here, you will also learn to work on interfacing and calibrating sensors.
2. Smart Irrigation System wireless project: This wireless communication project helps you to develop a device that detects any change in the moisture level in the soil and also further controls the flow of water accordingly. You get to work with a soil moisture sensor and an Arduino board.
3. Home Automation System wireless project: This wireless project makes use of the Bluetooth technology which you can use to control your home appliances. Moreover, on learning this course you will also be able to store and analyse the data about their usage. This project comes with a fess of Rs.1999. <enrol for this project now>
4. Smart Water Monitoring wireless communication project: This project course helps you build an IoT based Smart Water Monitoring System that controls and manages the flow of water through the pipe. This wireless course involves the corresponding IoT concepts and helps in saving a lot of water.
5. Smart Building using IoT Online Project: This course enables you to build a smart device that can sense the number of occupants in a meeting room. It uses PIR sensors and works automatically in switching on and off. It is thus an efficient method to save electricity for further domestic purposes.
6. Mobile Robotics: Building a robot that is controlled by your own cell phone doesn’t make you thrilled about learning Arduino? Well, to know more, be a part of this wireless project where you will learn how to build a mobile controlled robot using Dual Tone Multiple Frequency. Making use of these DTMF signals that send instructions to the robot from your mobile, Mobile Robotics is really worth learning.
7. Wireless Robotic Arm: In this project, you get to build a robotic arm that has 3 degrees of freedom that can be controlled by your mobile phones. You will learn more about Bluetooth communication and Arduino programming that will enhance your practical knowledge to an appreciable extent.
8. IoT using Raspberry pi
9. Swarm robotics
10. Smart energy meter using GSM
11. IoT using Arduino
12. GPS & GSM based tracker
13. Voice controlled robot
14. Automated street lighting wireless project
15. Wi-Fi controlled robot wireless project
16. Automatic Human following trolley
How does wireless communication work?
Wireless communication technology transmits information or data over air using electromagnetic waves such as RF (Radio Frequency), IR (Infra-Red). To understand this better, let’s take an example. What do you think makes your ride enjoyable while in the car? Of course, the FM Radio that you listen to. There is certainly no long wire connecting your FM box with the satellite above. Then how does it work? Every device involving the use of wireless communication consists of two components: a Transmitter and a Receiver. The Transmitter is the one that transmits or sends the signals and receiver receives those signals, processes them and provides amplification to drive screen and a speaker. Regarding the question asked above, its answer lies in the fact that different channels of your radio broadcast the signals lying in that specific bandwidth of frequencies which that particular channel permits to do, hence letting you listen to your favourite song. Similar is the working of a person sitting in space and communicating with the one on earth.
Wireless communication technology stands apart when it comes to counting of some incredible technologies of today. Not only does it provide its customers with a lot of ease to access it but also serves many amazing benefits. These benefits are given below:
The different types of wireless and telecommunication include:
After now having looked at the applications, it is now time that we bring for you the latest project ideas based on wireless technology. Having learnt what wireless communication technology aptly revolves around, you can now scroll further to explore some outstanding projects mentioned in the next section.
Check out the following list for more wireless projects:
For more wireless projects check out here
Stay up-to-date and build projects on latest technologies