A person, if he has to communicate with someone far, will be using a telephone or a mobile phone, like if he wants to send a text message or make a call. This Pi Phone can send and can receive text messages, can make a phone call and receive a call. This Pi phone is a basic mobile phone with a touchscreen interface and has basic features like time, date and you can also keep an alarm.
You will require a Raspberry Pi 3 model B, GSM module, TFT touchscreen display, Li-Po battery as the power source, voltage regulator, and an earphone or a headphone for this project.
- Raspberry Pi 3 B: You can use Raspberry pi as a server, program raspberry pi to take the data from Arduino, and depending on the data acquired you can actuate the camera, exhaust and also turn of the machines. Program the raspberry pi such that the data that is acquired from sensors is uploaded to the cloud and when an intruder is found in the restricted area then click a picture and mail it to the email ID given in the program.
- GSM module: GSM stands for Global system for mobile communication, this GSM module can connect to a mobile network and can send text messages and perform voice call to other mobile devices.
- Li-Po battery: Raspberry Pi needs a power supply of 5V and 2A and Li-Po battery can be used for the power supply. Use 2500mAh li=po battery.
- Voltage Regulator: The voltage regulators give a constant DC output voltage. The raspberry PI needs 5V constant DC voltage and 2A of current, use a voltage regulator that gives a constant 5V Dc output.
- PI TFT Touchscreen: Use a TFT Touchscreen display module which is specified only for Pi.
- DC-DC boost converter: DC-DC boost converter gives a constant voltage to 5V.
- Headphone: You will be needing a hands free headphone to communicate throught the GSM module.
Latest projects on Raspberry Pi
Want to develop practical skills on Raspberry Pi? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- Install the Raspbian OS into the SD card, and boot the Raspberry Pi.
- Install Python IDE 3 in Raspberry Pi.
- Write a Python program with which you can get the phone number from the TFT touchscreen and the using the display you can call or type in a text message.
- The data acquired from the TFT touchscreen is sent to the raspberry pi and then the data is sent to the mobile phone through GSM module to alert the user.
- The phone should also display the basic features like time, date, and it should also be programmed to set an alarm
- The phone should be programmed to type and send a text message, and it should also receive a text message.
- Program it to dial a phone number and make a call, and it should also receive a call.
Project Brief: Once you setup your project, you can call or send a text message to any mobile from your rapsberry pi phone. This phone also can receive calls and the text messages, so basically it is a mobile phone from which you can contact anyone through the GSM mobile network.
- Raspbian OS(Debian Linux):Raspbian operating systems are based on Linux, Raspberry pi are also compatible with Windows and IOS but prefer any Linux based OS
- Python IDE 3: Python IDE 3 is compiler where you can write and compile python program.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop PI Phone:
- Linux (terminal commands)
Technologies you will learn by working on PI Phone: