Wordpress server using Raspberry Pi
Wordpress server is a PHP and MySQL based free and open-source blogging platform and a content management system. You can create your own website or a personal blog. This Wordpress is a tool for creating and personalizing a website or a blog where there are many free themes and design plan.
In this project, you will be learning about Apache, PHP, MySQL. Where in Apache you will be learning how to create an HTTP web server application, and convert it to a PHP and then use the PHP to create a MySQL database. When the server is setup then download the Wordpress and install it in Raspberry Pi and create a website or a blog using Wordpress and create your own server with MySQL.
- Raspberry Pi 3 B: Raspberry Pi is a Microprocessor which has 40 pins with 27 GPIO pins, it has a 1 Giga Bytes of RAM and a SD card slot for the storage or the ROM,it can be used as a mini computer for low computing operations, it has a dual band LAN, faster Ethernet, Bluetooth, it also has USB and HDMI ports for connecting devices. This device can be used as a server which we are doing in this project.
- Micro SD card: You will need a minimum of 8 gigabytes SD card for this project, this SD card is used as the ROM of the raspberry pi. Use 32 Gigabyte or 64 Gigabytes of
- Display: You can use any kind of display for the project, like monitors, TV or any size display that fits your requirement to configure the Pi.
- Power Supply: Raspberry Pi needs a power supply of 5V and 2A Micro USB type.
- Mouse and keyboard: You will need this to control, monitor, and to configure the Pi.
Latest projects on Raspberry Pi
Want to develop practical skills on Raspberry Pi? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- Install the Raspbian OS into the SD card, and boot the Raspberry Pi.
- Connect your Display with the HDMI cable. Plug in the keyboard and mouse to navigate and configure the raspberry pi.
- Install Apache web sever on Raspberry Pi.
- After installing the Apache server you need to install PHP on Raspberry Pi.
- Install MySQL database management system on Raspberry Pi.
- Install the latest version of the Wordpress and setup the wordpress server.
- To set up you will have to use the MySQL login.
Project Brief:The Raspberry Pi when configured and all the required software has been installed then the Pi is ready to be used as a Wordpress server. After finishing all the configure steps the wordpress server you can create a website or a blog and manage its data through the MySQL database management system.
- Raspbian OS(Debian Linux): Raspbian operating systems are based on Linux, Raspberry pi are also compatible with Windows and IOS but prefer any Linux based OS
- Apache2:Apache 2 is an HTTP web server application which is a free open source cross-platform used to create a web page.
- PHP:PHP the Hypertext Preprocessor is a server-side scripting language designed for web development and it is also used as a general-purpose programming language.
- MySQL:MySQL is a structured query language which is an open-source relational database management system.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop Wordpress server using Raspberry Pi:
Linux (terminal commands)
Technologies you will learn by working on Wordpress server using Raspberry Pi:
Wordpress server using Raspberry Pi