Creating a website using WordPress
We all surf the internet day and night on our PC’s and mobile phones. We come across a lot of websites and we also think of owning or making one for ourselves. If creating a basic website has always been your dream but you are not a coder then my friend let me tell you creating it does not require coding. This web development project gives you a simple guide of how you can create a basic but cool website for yourselves within hours.
Creating a website will always require a domain name, and hosting. The domain name, also known as URL is the name of your website. Hosting means the web server will allow you or allocate you the space to hold your storage. Both things will cost you something when you will buy it but then as it is said, “It is all worth it in the end!”.
Tools required: WordPress (An open and free source), domain name, and hosting.
Knowledge required: No prior coding knowledge. General editing skills would do.
Latest projects on Web Development
Want to develop practical skills on Web Development? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Let us get started!
- Once you have your domain name you will type it on your address bar and add /wp-admin to it and you will be redirected to WordPress. Now login to the WordPress website and you will reach your dashboard.
- As soon as you reach your dashboard, change your password to assure secure login. It is suggested that you delete/deactivate all the previous plugins to avoid advertisements.
- Now the most important start to creating your website is to change your permalink. Go to the dashboard and you will find the permalink option and then change it.
- The next step is to change and customize the theme of the website. It may already have a default theme and now you will need to customize it your way. Go to dashboard then Appearance and then Themes to do the amendments.
- So, to set a new theme you will need to install a new plugin. Find the theme name you want to set and then install the same-named plugin so that you can import your entire website in just one click. Go to plugins then the Add New option and then type the plugin name.
- Go to the Appearance option then the Elementor option and you will be able to customize your full website in just some click click.
- For customization you need to add some basic things to your website that is the title of your website, the background images, YouTube videos/links, About Us/ Learn more, and the contact us section.
- Start by changing the site title. Go to the Customize option then Layout then Header then Site Identity and then Site title change. You can set your new title and also set the tagline of the website.
- You can use the Typography option to change the font size, font colour, transparency, etc of your font. In the Elementor option, you have this area on your left side which has many widgets. You can drag and drop these widgets to add a video, image, or text to the web page.
- Likewise, you can visit all the sections of the website and customize it according to your need.
Pro-tip: Go to the Responsive Mode icon and you will be able to look at the mobile version of your website. According to it, you will need to make some changes to the font sizes. Do it to get the best results whenever your website is even visited from a phone.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop Creating a website using WordPress:
Technologies you will learn by working on Creating a website using WordPress:
Creating a website using WordPress