MIS Portal for academics
Almost all academic institutes use the Management Information System portal which is commonly known as MIS to stay connected with the students. It consists of all the information of the students and institute which is easy to handle. In this web development project, we are trying to mention basic highlights and guidelines for developing such a portal. If you want to learn more technologies and projects then stay connected with Skyfi Labs.
Management Information System portal is a most searched project commonly for a third-year engineering student. It is kind of a minor or average difficult project to build. As it is a web-based project so you have to prepare two teams for front end and back end. The project covers different aspects of programming and the integration of many technologies. The project will definitely affect the improvement of your coding knowledge. There are different guidelines and milestones for the project implementation as follows.
- Apache Tomcat Server
Latest projects on Web Development
Want to develop practical skills on Web Development? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Project Implementation Guidelines
- As we all know we can use eclipse or net beans IDE for every java based project. So you can create a web dynamic project initially.
- First, we will discuss the Front end development part. Front end part comes in the application layer. Here we are using HTML5 for the basic web designing.
- Then here we come with CSS for the allocation of header, footer and sidebar etc.
- The framework we use is Bootstrap which is a popular java framework.
- As it is a dynamic web project, we are using servlet for dynamic request and response. Dynamic websites show different information for different users.
- Create Signup form with the use of HTML and bootstrap. Along with the Login page.
- You have to create an administrator account who controls all the login data. There are different options for teachers and students too. It will be done by servlet and authentications. So that teachers can upload information on the portal.
- In every student account, the student can see his/her personal academic details and can edit them too.
- Now come to the back end development guidelines. Back end development is a bit more complicated than front end development.
- It consists of scripting, queries and database connectivity and servers.
- Here you can use SQL workbench to run the database queries. Use JQuery for designing the tables and to save the data.
- You have to use Java Database connectivity. There are simple steps for JDBC as follows: Driver Registration, Get connection, Create Statement, Execute a query and finally close connection.
- Here you can use Apache tomcat server for maintaining and building dynamic web pages. As it is open-source and highly mature and flexible too.
- The main guideline is to keep the system interactive and straightforward.
So here are the simple guidelines for the project implementation.
You can visit our website for more information about other project ideas. We also provide learning courses of most of the leading technologies by tech experts and provide certificates too. Keep Learning.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop MIS Portal for academics:
Technologies you will learn by working on MIS Portal for academics:
MIS Portal for academics