Summary: Electronics is now part of our everyday life, from the mobile phones to televisions, computers and even the high-end advanced satellites that are helping us to lead a smooth life. Ever since the evolution of technology, Electronics and Communication has become an essential discipline which is required by all the industries. Hence, Electronics and Communication engineering is one of the most sought after branches by students. Electronics and Communication Engineering has also penetrated into other areas like healthcare, instrumentation, automation, remote sensing, signal processing etc.
So students pursuing electronics and communication engineering have a lot of scope in varied industries. Taking the educational scope and career choices into consideration, here are the popular areas of study in the field of Electronics and Communication.
Have you checked out our projects on Electronics yet?
Electronics Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
5. Robotic Arm
1. Internet of Things: IoT is creating an environment of unification in the society. Today, IoT is being implemented everywhere which is of human concern like smart city, security, smart agriculture and home automation. This has created a lot of buzz among industries and right now all the companies are looking for candidates who has practical experience in IoT.
You can develop practical skills in IoT by building the following projects.
2. Robotics: When we hear the term Robot, first thing that comes to our mind is Automation. Robots can do tasks precisely like humans without human intervention. Now, most of the companies are turning their focus towards robots rather than humans to perform specific jobs just to reduce their expenses and to increase productivity.
You can now start gaining practical skills in robotics by building the following projects:
3. Mechatronics: Mechatronics is the field of study integrating mechanical and electronics principles onto a single device. Industry 4.0 is already here and it is transforming the way companies are automating their business process.
You can develop practical skills in Mechatronics by building the following projects.
4. Embedded System: As the name suggests, Embedded means something which is attached to another thing. It can be thought of as computer hardware having software embedded/attached into it. An embedded system can be an independent system or it can be a part of a large system. An embedded system is a microcontroller or microprocessor based system which is designed to perform a specific task.
You can now start gaining practical skills in embedded systems by building the following projects:
5. Digital Image Processing: Image processing deals with processing of digital images with the support of computer algorithms. Recently introduced face detection unlock in smartphones today uses image processing algorithms to detect an image and perform specific tasks. This field has plenty of opportunities in the future.
You can jump into this innovative field by building the following projects:
Want to develop practical skills on Electronics? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
ECE students can develop an exciting career in industries like consumer electronics manufacturing organization, Telecommunication & IT industries, Health care equipment manufacturing, Mobile communication (2G,3G,4G), Internet technologies, Power Electronics, and other industries like steel, petroleum and chemical industry etc.
Graduates in Electronics Engineering also have lots of opportunities in Government and private companies in the areas of design, manufacture, installation, operation, and maintenance of electronics equipment and systems.
With the advent of latest technological innovations, new opportunities came into existence for electronics & communication engineers. The latest technologies include self-driving cars, autonomous drone logistics, robotics, automation in industries, smart energy systems etc.
But getting acquainted with these industries will not be easy as they demand engineers who are more hands-on with the latest technologies.
The job market for electronics and communication engineering is on-demand and industries are looking for qualified engineers who can assist them in latest technologies. With recent technological advancements, the scope for the electronics engineers is on the rise.
However, according to payscale.com the average annual salary of these professional includes Rs. 312,408 per year. Electronics students with skills in robotics, automation technologies, renewable energies, Internet of Things (IoT), mechatronics engineering concepts add more value to their average pay scale.
The aim of students pursuing electronics engineering is to get a highly paid job, so improving skill sets will definitely impact their pay scale a lot.
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
As it is one of the most widely preferred engineering branches among all, the number of students passing out from this branch is increasing every year. Students who don’t have the necessary practical skills and application knowledge will find it difficult to get recruited in core companies.
The job roles offered for ECE students will always be challenging and they might have to endure intense pressure and workload when recruited in core companies. Preferring job roles that they love to do will decrease this complicacy.
Having said that, the growth rate of electronics engineering is slower than other occupations. In spite of an increased demand for electronics, there is intense competition from foreign countries that produce cheap components and many engineering services & industries are moving to such countries for their electronics requirements, which in turn hinder the domestic employment.
With the recent advancements in technologies, most of the industries are beginning to adopt robotics, automation technologies, smart energy systems, Internet of Things (IoT) into their process.
And a lot of these industries are established in Gulf countries, Germany, China, Canada etc. So students pursuing electronics & communication engineering have lot of job opportunities available, this is mainly because of the presence of various manufacturing firms outside India.
Electronics Engineers who are specialized in Control & Power Systems can find good opportunities in Japan, Germany, US & Korea. There is also a variety of job roles available in multi-disciplinary streams which an electronics engineer can take up.
If you are an ECE student, here are some of the skills and areas that you need to concentrate to improve your job prospects,
So the scope for electronics engineers in the coming years is not going to come down, but what will be the most challenging criteria is the skill level of engineers that the industries expect. With more technological advancements, industries of now are demanding engineers who are more hands-on and can assist immediately in their process without needing to spend time & resource on training.
To improve your job prospects you need to gain more practical skills in addition to your curriculum. While it is normal that the colleges don't have the right infrastructure and platform to support you in learning advanced and trending technologies, you should be on the look out for other opportunities.
For this, the best way to get skilled is to do learning by doing projects. When you learn and build projects you will not only learn the technical concepts but also get acquainted with the technology and develop a better understanding of them. You can attend any hands-on workshops or do some project-based courses to kick-start your learning of advanced technologies.
Join a hands-on classroom workshop
Build innovative projects at home
Stay up-to-date and build projects on latest technologies