Summary: In today’s hyper competitive job market, internships are becoming a must-have on CV for any engineering student. Internships if done right can provide you with valuable experience in shaping your career. Internships will provide you with an immense confidence to crack interviews, improving social connections and gaining important life skills such as working in a team, leadership and handling difficult situations.
If you have good practical skills on latest technologies, it would be very easy for you to get into a good internship. But if you don't have any practical experience, you need to first focus on acquiring them to get into good internships. Also most of the companies today focus on latest technologies and they prefer candidates who had hands-on project building experience prior.
Have you checked out our projects on Training & Internship yet?
Training & Internship Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
2. Robotics Training & Internship
3. Mechatronics Training & Internship
4. Embedded Systems Training & Internship
5. Machine Learning Training & Internship
So in addition to your theory exams you should also spend time learning and building projects on latest technologies.
Always remember: Experience wins over untapped talent!
Here are some effective ways to develop your practical skills and improve your chance of getting into a good (EEE) Internship:
Keep reading more to understand about the key points that you need to focus to get a good internship.
Building projects on latest technologies: All the top companies that you see today are keen to develop their expertise on latest technologies and build products on them. So if you are a candidate who come with a great latest technologies knowledge, then you have a very good chance of getting your dream internship.
But if you are not acquainted with the latest technological knowledge, then you should start now to build projects and gain them to maximize your chances. So here are some latest technologies which you should definitely learn,
1. Internet of Things (IoT) : IoT is creating an environment of unification in the society. Today, IoT is being implemented everywhere which is of human concern like smart city, security, smart agriculture and home automation. This has created lot of buzz among industries and right now all the companies are looking for candidates who has practical experience in IoT.
You can develop practical skills in IoT by building the following projects.
2. Robotics: When we hear the term Robot, first thing that comes to our mind is Automation. Robots can do tasks precisely like humans without human intervention. Now, most of the companies are turning their focus towards robots rather than humans to perform specific jobs just to reduce their expenses and to increase productivity. In this scenario, you need to develop practical skills in robotics which will help you grab more internship opportunities in prestigious companies.
You can now start gaining practical skills in robotics by building the following projects:
Want to develop practical skills on Training & Internship? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
3. Mechatronics: Mechatronics is the field of study integrating mechanical and electronics principles onto a single device. Industry 4.0 is already here and it is transforming the way companies are automating their business process. Mechatronics is a very vast and advanced field and if you want to get into this field, then you need to start building projects on Mechatronics.
You can develop practical skills in Mechatronics by building the following projects.
4. Embedded System: As the name suggests, Embedded means something which is attached to another thing. It can be thought of as computer hardware having software embedded/attached into it. An embedded system can be an independent system or it can be a part of a large system. An embedded system is a microcontroller or microprocessor based system which is designed to perform a specific task.
You can now start gaining practical skills in embedded systems by building the following projects:
Skyfi Labs helps students develop skills in a hands-on manner through Training & Internship Online Courses where you learn by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep.
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and
grab the best jobs.
Start Learning Training & Internship today!
In today’s hyper competitive job market, internships are becoming a must-have on CV for any engineering student. Many engineering students want to go for internships, but they are not really sure why they want to do an internship? Or what is the purpose of an internship?
They are just told that doing internships will help them to get a good job.
So why do companies/ employers prefer students who had done internships?
Employers believe that engineering students with internship experience, when compared with those who did not, have better skills and ability to work hands-on on live projects. They also have better understanding of work in industry and hence can take effective career decisions.
During internships engineering students are provided with an effective platform to figure out their own personal priorities and get real insights about how corporates work. This makes the companies work easy as students who had already done internship knows about the corporate work culture and don’t require much training on them.
Sometimes internships will expose engineering students on what career path not to take which will help them to identify their area of interest. This will help them not to waste time on a wrong career path.
Even at internships, students get feedback from other professionals on what skills they need to work on and what are the areas they should improve. This will prove to be a valuable take away point for engineering students.
If you are an EEE student looking to go for internship, this article will give you some valuable insights about the internships,
Before you apply for an EEE internship, you can equip yourself with some of the following tools to impress your interviewer and get good internships.
There are a lot of companies that offer internships for EEE students. You should go for internship at companies that falls within your area of interest.
You can simply search for these companies in Google to get their official website. You can browse through their website to understand their work and check if they have some internship offerings in your area of interest.
You can find information about the internships offered by various companies in many public forums. Some of the commonly used ones are internshala, letsintern, twenty19, hellointern etc.
You can register on these forums to get timely updates and notification about the internships. You will also be able to apply for the internships in these forums directly. They even display the status of your internship in that portal itself to ease the recruitment process.
If you want to apply for other government organizations/ MNCs you can visit their careers/ offerings page on their website, where they would have mentioned about their current openings and their interview process.
Generally, companies will ask for the resume, cover letter, bonafide certificate and other Bachelor transcripts. So prepare them in advance and show it to your seniors/ faculties to get their inputs and make changes accordingly.
If for some reason you are unable to get an internship, don’t worry. There are plenty of other opportunities that you can utilize to develop similar skills and experience you get by doing an internship. For example, you can try the following activities instead of wasting your holidays.
If you are planning to improve your skills by doing projects, we at Skyfi Labs have developed some amazing project-based courses that make learning by building projects super easy.
You can either enroll for our online courses to build projects in your home at your own convenience or you can join our hands-on training programs at one of our venues.
Build awesome projects at your home (click here)
Join hands-on classroom training program (click here)
Join 250,000+ students from 36+ countries & develop practical skills by building projects
Get kits shipped in 24 hours. Build using online tutorials.
Stay up-to-date and build projects on latest technologies