Robotics is an interdisciplinary technology that involves various fields such as computer science, mechanical, electronics, and many more. Introducing robotics for kids at an early age will help them to gain a variety of skills like - problem-solving, creativity, communication, critical thinking, programming, etc. Apart from the above-mentioned skills Robotics also teaches STEM for kids practically.
The traditional way of learning through books will not work for robotics. Robotics promotes a practical way of learning using Robotics kits. It requires a kit and innovative way of teaching methodology. If you are a parent searching for a way to introduce robotics for your child, then this article is for you. This article suggests some of the best ways to introduce robotics for kids along with this it also explains the advantages of teaching robotics for kids.
Have you checked out our projects on Robotics for kids yet?
Robotics for kids Kit will be shipped to you and you can build using tutorials. You can start with a free demo today!
Robotics is an interdisciplinary field that mainly uses computer programming and mechanical concepts to construct, design, and operation of robots. The main aim of robotics is to help and assist humans by using intelligent robots or machines.
I think the above definition sounds quite complicated right! But robotics for kids is a fun way of learning where kids work with STEM-based robotics kits and develop their own robots.
Want to develop practical skills on Robotics for kids? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
From coding to science and engineering, robotics acts as a multidisciplinary tool that engages kids with multiple pieces of knowledge along with fun. Here are some of the benefits of teaching robotics for kids at an early age.
1. Coding - It is the only way to interact with modern-day devices like mobile phones, laptops, smart devices, etc. Coding is just a language used to speak with computers but kids feel a little hard to understand the coding concepts.
With the help of robotics, kids will start playing around with programming languages as they are working with realtime hardware components, and also kids will get the opportunity to visualize their results in real-time. Thus robotics helps kids to master coding with ease.
2. STEM - Even in schools, they started using robotics to teach STEM for kids. Unlike traditional education, STEM is an innovative way of educating multiple subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) together for kids with real-life examples and by developing projects.
Kids will understand more about math and science concepts when they get to work with the STEM robotics kits.
3. Logical and Algorithmic thinking - Irrespective of your child’s career choice, logical and algorithmic thinking will help kids to analyze and solve problems by breaking it down into simple steps. While programming the robots kids will acquire these skills.
4. Collaboration and communication - These two skills are considered as effective life skills that make kids shine brighter during school, work, and everywhere. In robotics camps and classes, kids collaborate with fellow kids to share their knowledge and execute the planned project.
5. Problem solving and creativity - There is no limit for kid’s imagination likewise robotics kits for kids provides endless possibilities where kids can bring their imagination to life. Similarly while working with the robotics kit kids face certain challenges and when kids try to think and find a solution for these problems they acquire problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Skyfi Labs helps students develop skills in a hands-on manner through Robotics for kids Online Courses where you learn by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep.
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and
grab the best jobs.
Start Learning Robotics for kids today!
Robotics is a versatile technology thus for kids it should be introduced properly otherwise kids will start losing interest in learning robotics. Here I suggested some easy ways to introduce robotics for kids:
Online robotics classes for kids is the best choice to introduce robotics for kids if your child is busy with his/her school schedule. Since the classes are conducted online you will get the freedom to schedule the classes as per your requirement and your child can learn comfortably from home. Also, it frees some of your time. Most of the robotics classes come along with robotics kits for kids thus it engages the kid at its full potential.
For instance, Skyfi Labs offers online robotics classes for kids in live 1-1 sessions. Where kids start by learning the basics of robotics then they start developing robotics projects from scratch. As part of this robotics program, kids will build robots such as Light following robot, radio-controlled robot, Line following robot, Gesture controlled robot, Obstacle avoiding robot, and many more. They also learn to program the robots using scratch and Arduino programming language. Below are the robotics classes that you can choose based on your kid’s age:
If you are a parent who promotes “maker culture” then you can buy a DIY robotics kit for your kid and encourage him/her to learn and develop robotics projects. LEGO blocks, Elegoo, Robolink, Nintendo Labo, etc. are some STEM-focused kits that provide limitless possibilities for kids to bring their imagination to life.
You can also consider buying a STEM drone kit for your kid that promotes both physical activities and learning at the same time.
Scratch, code.org, code combat, Tynker are some online platforms that teach robotics for kids through interactive animations and games. Using these online platforms your kid can build and simulate a robot without even any hardware components. Not only robotics kids can even learn to develop mobile applications, web applications, websites, etc. with the help of these platforms.
Nowadays most of the schools started inducting robotics clubs as part of the academics. You can enquire about this to your kid’s teacher and join him/her in robotics clubs along with their friends. Or maybe you can check any after school robotics classes near your home and enroll your kid for a weekend program or summer camp.
Yes, you heard that! If you are a parent with some technical knowledge and basic browsing skills then you can easily train your kid on robotics all by yourself. With the help of YouTube, Robotics Quiz for kids, Instructables, and other DIY sites, you can teach robotics for your kid right from home itself. All you need is an internet connection and some time. This way you can also spend productive time with your kids and family.
As you can see there are many ways to introduce robotics for kids. You can choose the best one that suits your kid's interests and age. If you have any other suggestions kindly put in the comments section to help others.
Stay up-to-date and build projects on latest technologies