Obstacle Avoider Walking Robot
Robotics, one of the interesting topic to do research for solving different challenges. Imagine there is robot which can avoid obstacles on itself. Through this project you are going to build a unique Walking Robot which can avoid obstacles on its own.
Looking to build project on Biped Walking Robot?:
Skyfi Labs gives you the easiest way to learn and build this project.
- Biped Walking Robot Kit will be shipped to you (anywhere in the world!)
- Use high quality videos to understand concepts and build the project
- Get 1 to 1 expert assistance from Skyfi Labs engineers while doing the project
- Earn a smart certificate on finishing the project
You can start for free and pay only if you like it!
You will need an Arduino Uno board for interfacing microcontroller with IR Sensors and Servo Motors. Here the IR Sensors will act as Eye of the Walking Robot. You will program the microcontroller in such a way that say whenever the IR sensors detect any obstacle, immediately the walking robot will change its direction of walking. Let say your robot is walking in forward direction. If the IR sensors detects any obstacle on right side, immediately the robot will turn left. Similarly you will program the microcontroller for turning left, when obstacle is detected on right side and if obstacle is detected on both side the robot will stop walking.
- Arduino Uno: The digital and analog input/output pins equipped in this board can be interfaced to various expansion boards and other circuits. Serial communication interface is a feature in this board, including USB which will be used to load the programs from computer.
- Servo Motors: A servomotor is a closed-loop servomechanism that uses position feedback to control its motion and final position. The input to its control is a signal (either analogue or digital) representing the position
- Motor Driver: Generally the Arduino board is not capable of providing required amount of current for running the motors. So we use a device called Motor Driver which will provide sufficient current for driving the motors.
- IR Sensors: The component we use to find whether there is any obstacle in the path in which our trolley is going are IR sensors (Infrared).
Latest projects on Robotics
Want to develop practical skills on Robotics? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- Interface the IR Sensors and Servo Motors with the Arduino board
- Power your robot and upload the code
- The robot will start walking in forward direction.
- Place some obstacles in your robot path and test your Obstacle Avoiding Walking Robot
- Arduino IDE : You will be needing Arduino IDE software to write and upload the programming logic onto the Arduino Uno board
Programming language: Arduino Programming (C++)
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop Obstacle Avoider Walking Robot:
Technologies you will learn by working on Obstacle Avoider Walking Robot:
Obstacle Avoider Walking Robot