Weather Monitoring is a project where you can see the change in the weather remotely using your smartphone, so the main conditions in the weather monitor are the temperature, humidity, and the air quality. Weather can change at any time as it is uncontrollable but it can be monitored continuously and measures can be taken depending on the weather conditions. In this project you will be able to monitor the conditions of the weather and receive the data to your phone.
You will require a microcontroller, GSM module, and sensors like DHT11, air quality tester, and LDR for this project, you will also be using a solar panel as the source of power. In this project, you will be monitoring the temperature, humidity, the amount of carbon monoxide and hydrogen present in the air. When there is a change in the weather the data is required and sent to the mobile phone through the GSM module.
- AT89S52: The AT89S52 is a low power, high performance CMOS 8-bit microcontroller with 8k bytes of in-system programmable flash memory. This is a powerful microcontroller which provides high flexibility and cost effective solution to many embedded control applications. It has the following standard features: 8K bytes of flash, 256 bytes of RAM, 32 I/O lines, watchdog timer, 2 data pointers, 3 16-bit timers/counters, on-chip oscillator and clock circuitry.
- DHT11 Sensor: DHT11 a digital Temperature and Humidity sensor is a composite sensor which contains a calibrated digital signal of the Temperature and Humidity.
- Solar Panel: The solar panel has photovoltaic cells which absorb sunlight and convert it to electric energy.
- MPC3008 ADC: MPC3008 is a Analog to Digital converter IC with which the analog inputs of the sensors can be converte to the digital signals.
- TGS2600: TGS2600 general air quality sensor which can detect the amount of hydrogen and carbon monoxide in the air. The sensor gives the percentage of the gas present in the air.
- GSM module: GSM stands for Global system for mobile communication, this GSM module can connect to a mobile network and can send text messages and perform voice call to other mobile devices.
- LDR:LDR is light dependent resistor or a photoresistor which is light dependent variable resistor.
- Voltage Regulator: The voltage regulators give a constant DC output voltage. The raspberry PI needs 5V constant DC voltage and 2A of current, use a voltage regulator that gives a constant 5V Dc output.
Latest projects on Electronics
Want to develop practical skills on Electronics? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- Interface the sensor with the microcontroller
- Write a program with which you can get the data from LDR, DHT11, TGS2600 sensor.
- The data aquired has to be checked and if there is any change in the weather condition then the changed data and the indication of change in weather has to be sent to the mobile phone through GSM module.
- The Solar Panel also should be used to drive the microcontroller,runs on 5V so the IC 7805 is used to regulate the voltage from the Solar panel.
Project Brief: Once you setup your project, the daylight, Temperature, Humidity and Air qauality can be monitored. The data aquired can be monitored by the user through a mobile phone, when there is change in the weather the weather station send the data of the weather cahnge to the user through the GSM module and the user is alearted with the weather conditions.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop GSM Based Weather Report:
- Keil Uvision 3: Keil Software makes C compilers, macro assemblers, real-time kernels, debuggers, simulators, integrated environments and evaluation boards for the 8051, 251, ARM and XC16x/C16x/ST10 microcontroller families
- Programming language: Embedded C Language
Technologies you will learn by working on GSM Based Weather Report:
GSM Based Weather Report