The advent of technology has brought a revolutionary change in the field of robotics and automation which ranges in all the sectors from household domestic works to the defense sector. Today in the global market, smart phones also have brought a revolution in changing people’s lifestyle and providing numerous applications on different operating systems. Android operating system is one of these systems build on open source which has made a huge impact providing many applications for robotics to help people in their day today life.
The system has three components ; the sensor system, monitoring system and the display system. The sensor system has Global Positioning System (GPS), Near Field Communication (NFC), Temperature and Humidity sensors, which are always connected with the internet via a GSM network to track the location, commuter and ambience inside the bus.
By using the RFID TAG card the personal information can be stored in the database,if any accident ,theft and he/she lost also easily track them easily by using the database is stored further process.This prefer NFC payments, which are similar to the RFID technology.NFC enabled phones (sender) can do transaction with the NFC reader (receiver/ ticket provider).After person enters into the bus reader reads the tag number ,so count the no of persons in the bus.The sensor measures the inside as well as outside the bus of temperature,the value are displayed in the lcd and also the exact location of the bus place within in period of time delay.The GSM module sends the data to commuter location of the bus and other details
Initially Near Field Communication used to payments to the tickets,the corresponding the personal information(name,address,age,etc…).when enters the bus RFID Readers reads the cards of the particular person data and identified the data are stored in the server ,the driver can easily the dotify the data .The temperature sensor are used to measure the inside and outside the temperature and display in the LCD display.The Humidity sensor measure the humidity inside the bus .The GSM Module is used to send the message to the server,it contains the data of commuters,temperature and humidity of the bus,latitude-longitude of the bus.
- Arduino Uno Board: The Arduino Uno is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega328. It has 14 digital input/output pins (of which 6 can be used as PWM outputs), 6 analog inputs, a 16 MHz ceramic resonator, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button.The Arduino Uno is totally controller the whole operation.
- RFID Tag and Reader: A radio-frequency identification system uses tags, or labels attached to the objects to be identified.Two-way radio transmitter-receivers called interrogators or readers send a signal to the tag and read its response. RFID tags can be either passive, active or battery-assisted passive.
- GSM Module: GSM/GPRS module is used to establish communication between a computer and a GSM-GPRS system.Global System for Mobile communication (GSM) is an architecture used for mobile communication in most of the countries. Global Packet Radio Service (GPRS) is an extension of GSM that enables higher data transmission rate.The SIM900 is a complete Quad-band GSM/GPRS solution in a SMT module which can be embedded in the customer applications. Featuring an industry-standard interface, the SIM900 delivers GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900MHz performance for voice, SMS, Data, and Fax in a small form factor and with low power consumption.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
- NFC: Turn NFC on or off. NFC (Near Field Communication) is a wireless connection which can be used to transfer information to and from your mobile phone. By holding your mobile phone close to an NFC tag or NFC reader you can pay for groceries, connect to websites or call a phone number and more..
- Temperature Sensor: A temperature sensor is a device, typically, a thermocouple or RTD, that provides for temperature measurement through an electrical signal. A thermocouple (T/C) is made from two dissimilar metals that generate electrical voltage in direct proportion to changes in temperature.
- Humidity Sensor: A humidity sensor (or hygrometer) senses, measures and reports both moisture and air temperature.Humidity sensors work by detecting changes that alter electrical currents or temperature in the air. There are three basic types of humidity sensors: capacitive, resistive and thermal.
- Used in parking system.
- Tracking all kind of transport vehicles.
- Small modification changes means used in super markets.
- The robot replaces the conventional techniques of area measurement and the discrepancies involved in it by automating the entire process.
- Arduino Uno IDE Software: You will be needing Arduino IDE software to write and upload the programming logic onto the Arduino Uno board
- Programming Language:Arduino Programming (C++)
Latest projects on Electronics
Want to develop practical skills on Electronics? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Kit required to develop Internet of Things Based Intelligent Transportation System:
Technologies you will learn by working on Internet of Things Based Intelligent Transportation System:
Internet of Things Based Intelligent Transportation System