In automobiles car wipers are manual systems to turn the switch while raining. So here we an automatic wiper system that automatically switch on by detecting rain and wiper stop when rain stops.
The switching of wiper controlled by microcontroller and the wiper is connected through the relay. The rain sensor used to detect the rain, input to microcontroller.
- AT89S52: The AT89S52 is a low power, high performance CMOS 8-bit microcontroller with 8k bytes of in-system programmable flash memory. This is a powerful microcontroller which provides high flexibility and cost effective solution to many embedded control applications. It has the following standard features: 8K bytes of flash, 256 bytes of RAM, 32 I/O lines, watchdog timer, 2 data pointers, 3 16-bit timers/counters, on-chip oscillator and clock circuitry.
- Servo Motor: A servo motor is a rotary actuator or linear actuator that allows for precise control of angular or linear position, and rotates in 180 degree.
- Rain Sensor: The most common rain sensor are based on the principle of total internal reflection, an infrared light is beamed at a 45 degree angle into the windshield from the interior. If the glass is wet, less light makes it back to the sensor and the wipers turn on.
- Relay:A relay is an electrically operated switch. It can handles the high power required to directly control an electric motor or other load is called relay or contactor.
- Interface the sensor and the motor to the microcontroller
- Place the rain sensor on the top near the windshield
- You need to write the program and upload to microcontroller
Project Brief: When the rain sensor senses the rain, input signal applied to controller, the relays turn on and the wiper moves, otherwise the relay off.
Latest projects on Electronics
Want to develop practical skills on Electronics? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- Keil Uvision 3: Keil Software makes C compilers, macro assemblers, real-time kernels, debuggers, simulators, integrated environments and evaluation boards for the 8051, 251, ARM and XC16x/C16x/ST10 microcontroller families
- Programming language: Embedded C Language
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop Rain Sensing Automatic Car Wiper :
Technologies you will learn by working on Rain Sensing Automatic Car Wiper :
Rain Sensing Automatic Car Wiper