Remote Control Home Automation Using PIC Controller
In home appliances the TV is the mostly available in every house.The television channel is changed by the tv Remote.Same way by pressing the tv remote the home appliance sload can be ON and OFF.
The remote has the infrared rays its not visible to the normal human eyes,tv remote has already been done for the control of wheels of the robot. This project uses the PIC Controller family to remotely control the AC loads ON and OFF using the IR Remote
Looking to build project on Home Automation using IoT?:
Skyfi Labs gives you the easiest way to learn and build this project.
- Home Automation using IoT Kit will be shipped to you (anywhere in the world!)
- Use high quality videos to understand concepts and build the project
- Get 1 to 1 expert assistance from Skyfi Labs engineers while doing the project
- Earn a smart certificate on finishing the project
You can start for free and pay only if you like it!
You need the PIC16F877A controller,TSOP1738,Relay,and the ac loads.
The Infrared ray are received by using the TSOP1738 receiver, the signal is given to the controller. The PIC Controller analysis the signal into decodes that signal and the predefines the signal with the program and the match the hex valve in the program if the value matches means the controller gives the signal to the relay,the relay gets turned ON so via the relay loads ON.TSOP is a 38KHz receiver so it read the infrared signals exactly.
To trip the relay we make use of transistors like BC547 which act as an electronic switch to turn ON/OFF the relays works based on the signal from the PIC Microcontroller(PIC16F877A)
- PIC16F877A: The PIC16F877A features 256 bytes of EEPROM data memory , self programming,an lcd display port,2 comparator,8 channels of 10-bit Analog-to-Digital(A/D) converter,2 capture/compare/PWM functions,the synchronous serial port can be configured as either 3-wire Serial peripheral Interface or the 2-wire inter-integrated circuit(I2C) bus and a Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter(USART).These features make it advanced level A/D applications.
- TSOP1738: The TSOP1738 is an infrared receiver turned to receive IR frequency 38KHz. It is perfect to read the signals from most IR remotes(tv remotes),used as a receiver in distance sensors,it provides better performance as it allows better reception and protection from ambient light compared to other IR receivers. It has three pins terminal such as Ground,VCC and OUT pin
- Relay: A relay is an electrically operated switch.It can handles the high power required to directly control an elecric motor or other loadas is called relay or contactor.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
- Connect the TSOP1738 to PIC Controller
- Connect the Relay to the controller the loads connected via relay
- You need to program as the receives the signal controller checks the program the relay is turned ON/OFF
- MPLAB X IDE: The MPLAB X IDE is the new graphical,integrated debugging tool set for all of Microchps's more than 8 bit,16 bit and 32 bit MCUs and digital signal controller,and memory devices.
- Programming language: Embedded C Language
- Proteus Design Software: The Proteus Design Suite is a software tool suite used for eletronic design automation even only sotware itself the output can be checked by the software and also electronic prints for manufactureing printed circuit boards.
Latest projects on Electronics
Want to develop practical skills on Electronics? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Kit required to develop Remote Control Home Automation Using PIC Controller:
Technologies you will learn by working on Remote Control Home Automation Using PIC Controller:
Remote Control HomAutomation Using PIC Controller