3D Printed Houses
With more technological advancement in the architecture industry, we are able to experience more new innovations every year.
Read more.. Human aspiration, technical advancement, limited space to construct houses are some of the reasons for new innovations. The 3d printed buildings are such a technology which is becoming more popular in the architecture industry. The 3D printed houses are a glimpse into the future of construction.
Looking to build project on 3D Printer?:
Skyfi Labs gives you the easiest way to learn and build this project.
- 3D Printer Kit will be shipped to you (anywhere in the world!)
- Use high quality videos to understand concepts and build the project
- Get 1 to 1 expert assistance from Skyfi Labs engineers while doing the project
- Earn a smart certificate on finishing the project
You can start for free and pay only if you like it!
About 3D Printed Houses
The concept of 3D printed houses started with the invention of 3D printers in the early 1980s. Initially, 3D printers used to print things like clothes, spare parts of planes and cars, etc. With the help of advancement in technology, 3D printers are upgraded to print the small size homes. In the last five years, 3D printed homes technology become more popular in many developed countries across the globe. Many international construction companies shifted their focus to 3D printed houses in order to reduce the cost of building houses.
Few surveys on this technology reported that one day is the average time required to build an ideal 3D printed house. The only demerit of this technology is the requirement of the high initial investment. When compared to conventional construction technologies with respect to overall cost, the 3D printed houses are very much economical. The 3D printed technology will also contribute to urbanization by providing quick shelters to the people.
How to build the 3D printed houses:
- The 3D printers are the most important resource required to build 3D printed houses.
- Concrete 3D printers are most widely used printers in this technology.
Latest projects on Civil Engineering
Want to develop practical skills on Civil Engineering? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- The x-axis of the concrete printer is designed to represent the length of rails of the printer. Which used to move the printer front and back.
- The y-axis represents the distance between rails on the opposite side.
- The z-axis of printer used to represent the height of pillars which carry the nozzle of the printer.
- After the preparation of foundation, the ground surface should be flat enough to place the rails of printers.
- The most important step in this procedure is to install the 3D printer exactly in the required position.
- The concrete should reach the construction site, once the 3D printer is ready to use.
- Usually, a normal concrete truck is connected to the printer’s nozzle via a big hose.
- Then concrete printer starts to work on building the concrete walls.
- To achieve the high efficiency of construction, the concrete should be made with the correct amount of ingredients.
- The manpower required is very less.
- Less time required for construction.
- Economical compared to conventional construction methods.
- Occupies very less area.
- Better architectural appearance.
The 3D printed houses encouraging the researchers to develop number of advanced technologies in the construction sector.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop 3D Printed Houses:
Technologies you will learn by working on 3D Printed Houses:
3D Printed Houses