Analysis of Beam with UDL by ANSYS Mechanical APDL
Beams are descriptions of the structure or structural elements, but any structures such as motorized auto frames, plane mechanisms, engine settings, and other or structural systems contain beam constructions that are intended to carry adjacent loads are analyzed.
APDL stands for ANSYS Parametric Design Language. Concentrates on geometry creation and optimization, attaching current geometry, setting up the finite element model, resolving, and rereading results
Boolean Operations provide a means of the inclusion of sets of data using such reasonable operators as add, subtract, intersect, etc. There are Boolean operations available for volume, area, and line solid model units.
In this project, stress analysis is done on beams UDL (uniformly distributed load). Load-carrying beams are then modeled and studied for further analysis.
Latest projects on Civil Engineering
Want to develop practical skills on Civil Engineering? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- Run the software.
- Select Ansys Multiphysics
- Save the project.
- Go to menu- select clear and start new
- Go to file change the job name- enter a new job name.
- Go to beam- common sections- Give ID as 1, Subtype as a rectangle, offset to the centroid, B-200, H-300- click ok.
- Go to modeling- create- in active CS
- Give the key number as 1 and X, Y, Z location in active CS as 0,0,0 respectively- click ok
- Give the key number as 2 and X, Y, Z location in active CS as 2000,0,0 respectively
- Give the key number as 3 and X, Y, Z location in active CS as 3000,0,0 respectively
- Give the key number as 4 and X, Y, Z location in active CS as 4000, 0,0 respectively
- Meshing- size control- give size
- Loads- define loads- structural
- Go to Preprocessor
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop Analysis of Beam with UDL by ANSYS Mechanical APDL:
- Select element type- Add/edit/delete- select the beam.
- Select real constants-give the details as per requirement.
- Material properties- give details such as young’s modulus, Poisson's ratio, etc depending on the nature of the problem.
- Go to modeling- create the required geometry by using the appropriate options.
- Go to Generate- elements/nodes using mesh tool if necessary.
- Apply boundary conditions/loads
- Go to solve- current LS- click ok
- Go to general post processor- check results.
- Go to plot controls- select the animate option and see the results.
- Go to Main Menu- Time History- Postprocessor- Read Results- First Set
- Go to Utility Menu- Plot Controls
- Review Results- Enter the general postprocessor and read in the results.
- Main Menu- Time History- Postprocessor- Graph Variables, ‘’1st variable to graph” = 2
- Plot the results at control point as a function of time
- Plot the deformed shape.
Technologies you will learn by working on Analysis of Beam with UDL by ANSYS Mechanical APDL: