Solar is renewable source, demand of electricity is increased day by day. Solar energy is trough out the year and solar power plants need to be monitored for optimum power output
This helps efficient power output from the power plants while monitoring for faulty solar panels, connections, and dust accumulated on panels lowering output and issues affecting solar panel performance
Here an automated IOT based solar power monitoring system that allows for automated solar power monitoring from anywhere over the internet.
- Arduino: The digital and analog input/output pins equipped in this board can be interfaced to various expansion boards and other circuits. The Serial communication interface is a feature in this board, including USB which will be used to load the programs from computer
- Solar Panel: Solar panel or Photovoltaic cell is an electrical device that converts the energy of light directly into electricity by the photovoltaic effect, which is a physical and chemical phenomenon
It is a form of photoelectric cell, defined as a device whose electrical characteristic, such as current, voltage, or resistance, vary when exposed to light. Individual solar cell devices can be combined known as solar panels
- ESP8266: ESP8266 Wifi module is generally used to establish the wireless communication between the devices. But this module is not capable of 5-3v logic shifting and will require an external logic converter
- Thingspeak: Thingspeak channel is researched based platform used to update the data on the channel and even can be download on the mobile application to monitor the current status of the application via the internet is connected
Latest projects on Internet of Things
Want to develop practical skills on Internet of Things? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- Interface ESP8266 and solar panel with arduino board
- Open the Arduino IDE Software and write the program and upload to Arduino
- Open thinkspeak account and check the status updates
- Arduino IDE: You will be needing Arduino IDE software to write and upload the programming logic onto the Arduino Uno board
- Programming language: C++ language
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop IOT Based Solar Power Monitoring System :
Technologies you will learn by working on IOT Based Solar Power Monitoring System :
IOT Based Solar Power Monitoring System