Internet of Things
Electronic Eye Controlled Security System with IoT
In the World of Security, Automated security systems are emerging technologies these days,
Electronic eye is also called Virtual eye which is an electronic device, which observes whoever coming and going continuously.
Let us assume, a door bell that automatically rings when a person visit your home and it can also be used for providing security when any person is trying to enter into your home without your permission.
Through this project you are going to build a unique system which automatically rings the doorbell when there is a person standing in front of the door.
Looking to build project on Smart Building using IoT?:
Skyfi Labs gives you the easiest way to learn and build this project.
- Smart Building using IoT Kit will be shipped to you (anywhere in the world!)
- Use high quality videos to understand concepts and build the project
- Get 1 to 1 expert assistance from Skyfi Labs engineers while doing the project
- Earn a smart certificate on finishing the project
You can start for free and pay only if you like it!
The general operation of the system is whenever there is any person at the entrance doorbell should start ringing. Light focusing on the LDR determines whether a person is present or not. When there is any object at the entrance,
LDR is in dark and buzzer starts ringing and the LED starts glowing.
In addition to this, we can add Wi-Fi module, to upload the data into remote cloud, to access it from anywhere in the world.
You will need an Arduino Uno board to act as the brain of the system.
And the microcontroller will be connected with a WiFi module to establish an internet connection.
The system you are going to design will have an LDR (Light Dependent Resistor) which act as an Eye for the system.
You will programme the microcontroller in such a way that not only the doorbell should ring, whenever you some person is standing in front of the door but also it should store the data regarding status of the doorbell etc.,
in the remote cloud simultaneously.
You can also innovate the system further to send a notification to a user at any part of the world via sms or email.
- Arduino/Genuino Uno: The digital and analog input/output pins equipped in this board can be interfaced to various expansion boards and other circuits.
Serial communication interface is a feature in this board, including USB which will be used to load the programs from computer.
- LDR (Light Dependent Resistor): An LDR can be called as variable resistor controlled by intensity of light.
Whenever the LDR is in very low light, the resistance value of the LDR will be very high (in Mega Ohms).
Similarly Whenever the LDR is under normal light the resistance value of the LDR will be very less comparatively (in order of 10^2 Ohms).
- 7805 IC: IC 7805 is an integrated circuit which can used as a voltage regulator.
It is an electronic circuit that provides a stable DC voltage independent of the load current, temperature and AC line voltage variations.
A voltage regulator may use a simple feed-forward design or may include negative feedback.
Depending on the design, it may be used to regulate one or more AC or DC voltages.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
- Buzzer: A buzzer is a device gives audio signals, which may be mechanical, electromechanical, or piezoelectric.
Typical uses of buzzers and beepers include alarm devices, timers, and confirmation of user input such as a mouse click or keystroke.
- IN4007 IC: The 1N400x (or 1N4001 or 1N4000) series is a family of popular 1 A general-purpose silicon rectifier diodes commonly used in AC adapters for common household appliances.
Its blocking voltage varies from 50 volts (1N4001) to 1000 volts (1N4007).
- Wi-Fi Module : ESP8266 Wi-Fi module is generally used to establish the wireless communication between the devices.
But this module is not capable of 5-3V logic shifting and will require an external logic level converter.
- Initially, interface buzzer, LDR and Wi-Fi module to the Arduino board
- Now connect the supply voltage of 9v using battery
- Keep the LDR in light .You will see no sound is produced from the buzzer
- Similarly keep the LDR in dark, you can see buzzer starts ringing. LED connected to the buzzer also starts blinking
- As the intensity falling on the LDR increases sound produced by the buzzer increases
- The data about all of this will be sent to the cloud for storage and analysis
- Arduino IDE : You will be needing Arduino IDE software to write and upload the programming logic onto the Arduino Uno board
- Thingspeak : Also, you need to create an account in the ThinkSpeak IoT platform to integrate the system onto the cloud and store the data online
Programming language: Arduino Programming (C++)
Latest projects on Internet of Things
Want to develop practical skills on Internet of Things? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Kit required to develop Electronic Eye Controlled Security System with IoT:
Technologies you will learn by working on Electronic Eye Controlled Security System with IoT:
Electronic Eye Controlled Security System with IoT