Internet of Things
IOT Based Street Light Control
Street lightening is an essential infrastructure for cities in order to assure the security of citizens and goods. This infrastructure has however, a high economic and ecological cost. The work aimed at developing a low cost, low power microcontroller to adjust the light of LED street luminaires.
Looking to build project on Automated Street Lighting?:
Skyfi Labs gives you the easiest way to learn and build this project.
- Automated Street Lighting Kit will be shipped to you (anywhere in the world!)
- Use high quality videos to understand concepts and build the project
- Get 1 to 1 expert assistance from Skyfi Labs engineers while doing the project
- Earn a smart certificate on finishing the project
You can start for free and pay only if you like it!
Few sensors have been integrated to the microcontroller board in order to implement light control, based only on environmental factors.
- Arduino: The digital and analog input/output pins equipped in this board can be interfaced to various expansion boards and other circuits.The Serial communication interface is a feature in this board, including USB which will be used to load the programs from computer.
- Relay: A relay is an electrically operated switch. It can handles the high power required to directly control an electric motor or other load is called relay or contactor.
- LDR:An LDR is a component that has a (variable) resistance that changes with the light intensity that falls upon it. It is made from semiconductor materials to enables them to have their light sensitive properties, many materials can be used, but one popular material for these photo resistors is cadmium sulphide.
- Thingspeak:Thing speak channel is researched based platform used to update the data on the channel and even can be download on the mobile application to monitor the current status of the application via the internet is connected.
- ESP8266: : ESP8266 Wi-Fi module is generally used to establish the wireless communication between the devices. But this module is not capable of 5-3v logic shifting and will require an external logic converter.
Latest projects on Internet of Things
Want to develop practical skills on Internet of Things? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- Interface the sensor with Arduino uno board
- You need to program as per concept and mention API Write key on it
- Check the Stautus in thinkspeaks channel
Project Brief: According to the intensity of light rays falls on the ldr, signal from the ldr is applied to the arduino controller, in program certain threshold value the relay is tripped. From relay AC voltage to the lamp is connected, now the lamp is ON.
- Arduino IDE: You will be needing Arduino IDE software to write and upload the programming logic onto the Arduino Uno board
- Programming language: C++ language
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop IOT Based Street Light Control:
Technologies you will learn by working on IOT Based Street Light Control:
IOT Based Street Light Control