The most important non-renewable resource which contributes 48% of the total power produced in the entire world is coal. Now how we will get the coal. Humans have to dig it from coal mines. But coal mines very dangerous places where a person can easily lost his life. That’s why through this project you are going to build a unique human safety system based on IoT.
You will need Arduino to interface the microcontroller with Gas sensor, temperature sensor. You will program the microcontroller in such a way that say whenever the gas sensor detects the gas level beyond the prescribed value, the data will be immediately stored into remote server and automatically an sms will be sent to the respective authorities regarding harmful gas level. Similarly for the temperature sensor also. Thereby we can avoid loss of life.
- Arduino Uno: Arduino Uno: The digital and analog input/output pins equipped in this board can be interfaced to various expansion boards and other circuits. Serial communication interface is a feature in this board, including USB which will be used to load the programs from computer.
- Wi-Fi Module: ESP8266 Wi-Fi module is generally used to establish the wireless communication between the devices. But this module is not capable of 5-3V logic shifting and will require an external logic level converter
- Gas Sensor: The sensor which can detect the amount of specific gas level present the air is called Gas Sensor.
- DHT sensor: The sensor which can detect the temperature and humidity at the same time is called as DHT Sensor.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
- Interface the Gas sensor and DHT sensor with the arduino
- Now calibrate the Gas sensor for specific gas level
- If that specific gas presence is more than the prescribed limit, immediately a sms will be sent to the respective authorities
- Similarly the if temperature is higher than the prescribed limit, immediately a sms will be sent to the respective authorities
- The present status of the gas level in the air and temperature of certain area will be updated in remote server for further server
- Arduino IDE : You will be needing Arduino IDE software to write and upload the programming logic onto the Arduino Uno board
- Thingspeak : Also, you need to create an account in the ThinkSpeak IoT platform to integrate the system onto the cloud and store the data online
Programming language: Arduino Programming (C++)
Latest projects on Internet of Things
Want to develop practical skills on Internet of Things? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Kit required to develop IoT based Human Safety System for Coal Mines:
Technologies you will learn by working on IoT based Human Safety System for Coal Mines:
IoT based Human Safety System for Coal Mines