Internet of Things
Smart Energy Saver
There is a lot of electricity loss in homes due to the fans and lights that are kept on even when no one is present in the room. My idea is basically to inform a user that when he leaves his/her home if any of the basic appliances like the fans or lights, televisions, fans or air conditioners are left on accidentally, which are the basic and major electricity consuming appliances of our house. Some appliances like televisions and air conditioners consume electricity even when just their switchboard switches are on, it isn't much but a cumulative sum of a 1000 houses with the same condition would be a large enough number.
Looking to build project on Smart Energy Meter using GSM?:
Skyfi Labs gives you the easiest way to learn and build this project.
- Smart Energy Meter using GSM Kit will be shipped to you (anywhere in the world!)
- Use high quality videos to understand concepts and build the project
- Get 1 to 1 expert assistance from Skyfi Labs engineers while doing the project
- Earn a smart certificate on finishing the project
You can start for free and pay only if you like it!
Arduino is basically an open source for mini or DIY projects and very easy way of learning things by doing practical stuff rather than going for some boring lectures. In this experiment, you are going to play some musical notes instead of using a piezo sensor. Having a simple series circuit
- Android Phone: = Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google, based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open source software and designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. In addition, Google has further developed Android TV for televisions, Android Auto for cars, and Wear OS for wrist watches, each with a specialized user interface. Variants of Android are also used on game consoles, digital cameras, PCs and other electronics.
- Arduino: Arduino Uno is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega328P (datasheet). It has 14 digital input/output pins (of which 6 can be used as PWM outputs), 6 analog inputs, a 16 MHz quartz crystal, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header and a reset button. It contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a USB cable or power it with an AC-to-DC adapter or battery to get started.. You can tinker with your UNO without worrying too much about doing something wrong, worst case scenario you can replace the chip for a few dollars and start over again.
- Photon: The Photon is a tiny Wi-Fi development kit for creating connected projects and products for the Internet of Things. It's easy to use, it's powerful, and it's connected to the cloud. The tools that make up the Photon's ecosystem (and come along with the board) are designed to let you build and create whether you're an embedded engineer, web developer, Arduino enthusiast or IoT entrepreneur. The board itself uses a Cypress wi-fi chip (one that can be found in Nest Protect, LIFX, and Amazon Dash) alongside a powerful STM32 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller. It's like the Spark Core.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
- breadboard: A breadboard is a solderless device for temporary prototype with electronics and test circuit designs. Most electronic components in electronic circuits can be interconnected by inserting their leads or terminals into the holes and then making connections through wires where appropriate.
- Relay Controller ADC ProXR Lite: his ProXR Lite solid-state relay controller is capable of switching 2 on-board SPST relays. Choose from AC or DC switching, Random or Zero Cross Turn-On, as well as a wide variety of electrical characteristics. Customize this controller exactly the way you need it when ordering. Each SPST relay includes 2 screw terminals for normally open and common connections. This controller features a modular communications interface, capable of accepting USB, RS-232, Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, Industrial Wireless communication modules, and more. On-Board Analog to Digital Converters allows monitoring of 8 inputs at 8 or 10-Bit resolution. Analog inputs are ideal for connecting external sensors, or connect buttons and switches to the inputs and configure the controller to manually control relays when buttons are pressed. Turn relays on or off, toggle the state of a relay, or trigger relay flasher.
- Current Sensor 2Go: The Current Sensor 2GO is a budget-priced evaluation board equipped with a current sensor combined with an ARM Cortex-M0 CPU.
Latest projects on Internet of Things
Want to develop practical skills on Internet of Things? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Kit required to develop Smart Energy Saver:
Technologies you will learn by working on Smart Energy Saver:
Smart Energy Saver