Speed always thrills…but no matter what sometimes it kills. Particularly in highway and broad roads, over speeding has become problematic. Through this project you are going to build a unique system where over speeding vehicles can be detected and the picture of the over speeding vehicle can be taken and stored.
You will need the arduino to interface the micro controller with speed checker and wi-fi module. You will program the microcontroller in such a way that say whenever the speed checker detect speed of the vehicle more than 80kmph, immediately the camera will take the photo of the vehicle. This photo will be stored in the remote server. Immediately respective authorities will receive a sms regarding over speed. Then they will immediately access the data from the remote server and respective fine will be collected.
- Arduino Uno: Arduino Uno: The digital and analog input/output pins equipped in this board can be interfaced to various expansion boards and other circuits. Serial communication interface is a feature in this board, including USB which will be used to load the programs from computer.
- Wi-Fi Module: ESP8266 Wi-Fi module is generally used to establish the wireless communication between the devices. But this module is not capable of 5-3V logic shifting and will require an external logic level converter
- Speed Checker: Speed Checker is a device which will continuously emits two laser. Whenever any vehicle cross the first laser, timer starts counting the seconds and when the vehicle cross the second laser, the timer will stops counts and based on certain calculations, speed will be calculated.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
- Interface the wifi module, speed checker, camera with Arduino Board
- Power the components and upload the code into the Arduino board
- Test the kit by making the speed checker to detect some speed
- You can observe the remote server will be updated whenever speed checker finds over speed
- Arduino IDE : You will be needing Arduino IDE software to write and upload the programming logic onto the Arduino Uno board
- Thingspeak : Also, you need to create an account in the ThinkSpeak IoT platform to integrate the system onto the cloud and store the data online
Programming language: Arduino Programming (C++)
Latest projects on Internet of Things
Want to develop practical skills on Internet of Things? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Kit required to develop IoT Based Over Speeding Vehicles Detection:
Technologies you will learn by working on IoT Based Over Speeding Vehicles Detection:
IoT Based Over Speeding Vehicles Detection