Today in India, Most of the people are getting products like Rice, Kerosene, Sugar etc. at low cost from government as Ration every month. Generally there will be a man who will scan the fingerprint and eyes for issuing the Ration. So usually it will take lot of time. So Imagine there is a machine where once you scanned your card, you will get products you want. Through this project you are going to create a unique Ration Machine based on the RFID Cards.
You will need an Arduino to interface the microcontroller with RFID scanner, Wi-Fi module and servomotors. You will programme the microcontroller in such a way that whenever a valid RFID card is scanned, you will get an option to select the products you need. Once you select the products and pay the bill, the machine will automatically give you the things you selected. Once you had collected all the things, the data will be updated to remote server for further analysis. Once you bought the items with the RFID card, you will not be able to buy things till next month. The Machine will automatically reset every month.
- Arduino Uno: The digital and analog input/output pins equipped in this board can be interfaced to various expansion boards and other circuits.
Serial communication interface is a feature in this board, including USB which will be used to load the programs from computer.
- Servo Motors: A servomotor is a closed-loop servomechanism that uses position feedback to control its motion and final position. The input to its control is a signal (either analogue or digital) representing the position
- RFID: Radio-frequency identification (RFID) uses electromagnetic fields to automatically identify and track tags attached to objects. The tags contain electronically-stored information.
- Wi-Fi Module : ESP8266 Wi-Fi module is generally used to establish the wireless communication between the devices.
But this module is not capable of 5-3V logic shifting and will require an external logic level converter.
- Motor Driver: Generally the Arduino board is not capable of providing required amount of current for running the motors. So we use a device called Motor Driver which will provide sufficient current for driving the motors.
Latest projects on Internet of Things
Want to develop practical skills on Internet of Things? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- Interface RFID Reader, Wi-Fi module and servo motors with Arduino.
- Power the components and Upload the code.
- Scan the RFID and select the items you need.
- Once money is paid, items will be available from the machine.
- All the data regarding the items you collected will be updated in the remote server for further analysis through Wi-Fi module.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
- Arduino IDE : You will be needing Arduino IDE software to write and upload the programming logic onto the Arduino Uno board
- Thingspeak : Also, you need to create an account in the ThinkSpeak IoT platform to integrate the system onto the cloud and store the data online
Programming language: Arduino Programming (C++)
Kit required to develop RFID based Ration Machine:
Technologies you will learn by working on RFID based Ration Machine:
RFID based Ration Machine