Internet of Things
Home Security Model Using IoT
Security systems is one of the most researched fields of today. Through this project, you will develop an electronic device that can detect the human activity and switch on the buzzer to alert the user. The system will also be connected to the internet and can send the data to the cloud spontaneously.
Looking to build project on Smart Building using IoT?:
Skyfi Labs gives you the easiest way to learn and build this project.
- Smart Building using IoT Kit will be shipped to you (anywhere in the world!)
- Use high quality videos to understand concepts and build the project
- Get 1 to 1 expert assistance from Skyfi Labs engineers while doing the project
- Earn a smart certificate on finishing the project
You can start for free and pay only if you like it!
You will need an Arduino Uno board to act as the brain of the system. And the microcontroller will be connected with a WiFi module to establish an internet connection. The smart device that you build will have PIR (Passive Infra-Red) sensors that detects the human activities over a particular range.
You will program the microcontroller in such a way that say whenever a human activity is detected by the PIR sensors, the buzzer will switch on automatically and alert the residents regarding this. You can also innovate the system further to send a notification to a user at any part of the world via sms or email.
In this system a two-way communication is established between the mobile user and the visitor. Like the user can know the visitor’s motion from any remote location and also secures the home from strangers and intruders. The user mobile will also include options for viewing the motion of the visitors, turning ON and OFF the electronic devices in home at particular time, activating the alarm systems etc.
Latest projects on Internet of Things
Want to develop practical skills on Internet of Things? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- Arduino Uno: The digital and analog input/output pins are equipped in boards that may be interfaced to various expansion boards and other circuits. Serial communication interface is a feature in this board, including USB which will be used to load the programs from computer.
- Voltage regulator: It is used to maintain a constant voltage level and also used for regulating AC or DC voltages. A voltage regulator contain negative feed-forward design or it may also contain negative feedback control loops.
- WiFi Module: ESP8266 WiFi module is generally used to establish the wireless communication between the devices. But this module is not capable of 5-3V logic shifting and will require an external logic level converter.
- PIR Sensor: It is capable of sensing motion of the human and therefore it is also called as a motion sensor. Whenever a human pass through this sensor it will automatically sense the motion through IR radiation and send the data to the microcontroller.
- An application should be developed and installed in the mobile
- ESP8266 WiFi module used for providing communication between the application and system
- PIR sensor will sense the motion and send the data to the microcontroller to alert the user
- Also the buzzer gets triggered whenever a motion is detected
- All the data collected will be sent to the cloud (ThinkSpeak IOT platform) for storage and analysis
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
- You will be needing Arduino IDE software to write and upload the programming logic onto the Arduino Uno board
- Also, you need to create an account in the ThinkSpeak IoT platform to integrate the system onto the cloud and store the data online
Programming language: Arduino Programming (C++)
Kit required to develop Home Security Model Using IoT:
Technologies you will learn by working on Home Security Model Using IoT:
Home Security Model Using IoT