Internet of Things
Alexa Controlled Fan
We are now interacting with technology the most natural way possible by talking people talk to your friends, family there device every day. Alexa is one type of brane can control or over millions of wireless devices with your voice command by understanding and replying questions in seconds by telling you weather updates and playing your favorite music. even Alexa is having lots of skills. Alexa is basically a voice service which makes your project more east with combining with Arduino.
- Particle photon: The Photon is a tiny Wi-Fi development kit for creating connected projects and products for the Internet of Things. It's easy to use, it's powerful, and it's connected to the cloud. The tools that make up the Photon's ecosystem (and come along with the board) are designed to let you build and create whether you're an embedded engineer, web developer, Arduino enthusiast or IoT entrepreneur. The board itself uses a Cypress wi-fi chip (one that can be found in Nest Protect, LIFX, and Amazon Dash) alongside a powerful STM32 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller. It's like the Spark Core.
- Bread Board: A breadboard is a construction base for prototyping of electronics. Originally it was literally a breadboard, a polished piece of wood used for slicing bread. In the 1970s the solderless breadboard (a.k.a. plugboard, a terminal array board) became available and nowadays the term "breadboard" is commonly used to refer to these.
- LED: A light-emitting diode (LED) is a two-lead semiconductor light source. It is a p–n junction diode that emits light when activated.[When a suitable current is applied to the leads, electrons are able to recombine with electron holes within the device, releasing energy in the form of photons. This effect is called electroluminescence, and the color of the light (corresponding to the energy of the photon) is determined by the energy band gap of the semiconductor. LEDs are typically small (less than 1 mm2) and integrated optical components may be used to shape the radiation pattern.
Latest projects on Internet of Things
Want to develop practical skills on Internet of Things? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
Software required: Alexa Voice service.
- Servo Module: ESI Motion understands the need for dependable, rugged and high-performance servo modules in mission-critical motor control systems. Our engineers have spent countless hours designing, testing and refining the best servo drives and power modules in the industry; and all of our drives and modules are designed to maximize power, accuracy, and reliability while minimizing space and weight. From extreme temperature and harsh environments to low temperature or high pressure to no pressure, our drives are designed to perform no matter what. requirement. Regardless of the particular application, understanding the unique capabilities and function of servo modules is critical to selecting the ideal drive or module for your system.
- This is an IoT project for UNCC MEGR 3171 Instrumentation Class. We wanted to make a small, common problem easy to fix. With the help of the Particle Photon and a couple of resistors and LED's, we designed a method that could fix this problem with little effort and a low budget.
- When one says "Alexa trigger fan on", Alexa with trigger a function which will turn on a micro motor. That motor is taped near a fan switch and will turn the switch on, thus turning the fan on. Whenever Alexa is told to trigger fan on, it also marked two cells in a google sheets document with data & time and a value of "1" so the amount of times the fan is turned on is noted. And finally, as an add-on, a LED on another photon will light for 2 seconds when the function is triggered.
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop Alexa Controlled Fan:
Technologies you will learn by working on Alexa Controlled Fan:
Alexa Controlled Fan