Internet of Things
Develop an Automatic Smart Door Bell With IoT
Security systems is one of the most researched fields of today. Through this project, you will develop an electronic device that can detect the human activity and switch on the doorbell automatically to notify the residents. The system will also be connected to the internet and can send the data to the cloud spontaneously.
Looking to build project on Smart Building using IoT?:
Skyfi Labs gives you the easiest way to learn and build this project.
- Smart Building using IoT Kit will be shipped to you (anywhere in the world!)
- Use high quality videos to understand concepts and build the project
- Get 1 to 1 expert assistance from Skyfi Labs engineers while doing the project
- Earn a smart certificate on finishing the project
You can start for free and pay only if you like it!
You will need an Arduino Uno board to act as the brain of the system. And the microcontroller will be connected with a WiFi module to establish an internet connection. The smart device that you build will have PIR (Passive Infra-Red) sensors that detects the human activities over a particular range and can be placed in the door.
You will program the microcontroller in such a way that say whenever a human activity is detected by the PIR sensors, the doorbell will switch on automatically and alert the residents regarding this. You can also innovate the system further to send a notification to a user at any part of the world via sms or email. You can also use a wireless camera to stream the video live online for security purposes and program the system to unlock the doors after receiving authentication from the user.
- Arduino Uno: The digital and analog input/output pins present in this board can be interfaced to various expansion boards and other circuits. Serial communication interface is a feature in this board, including USB which will be used to load the programs from computer.
- WiFi Module: ESP8266 WiFi module is generally used to establish the wireless communication between the devices. But this module is not capable of 5-3V logic shifting and will require an external logic level converter.
- PIR Sensor: This electronic sensor is used to detect the movements of humans within a certain range (5 – 12 m). It actually comprises of pyro electric sensors that detect the levels of infrared radiations.
- Camera Module: A camera module will be mounted onto the system to monitor the human activities outside the house
- Piezo Buzzer: A piezo buzzer is a loudspeaker that uses the piezoelectric effect to generate sound. It has both a piezo disc and an oscillator inside. Whenever the buzzer is powered, the oscillator generates a frequency around 2-4 kHz and the piezo element vibrates accordingly to produce the sound.
- Servo Motor: Servo motor is a rotary actuator or linear actuator that is capable of carrying out precise control of angular or linear position, velocity and acceleration. It uses a suitable motor coupled to a sensor for position feedback.
Latest projects on Internet of Things
Want to develop practical skills on Internet of Things? Checkout our latest projects and start learning for free
- The PIR sensor will be mounted near the door to detect the human activities
- Whenever a human activity is detected, the buzzer will switch ON automatically as a door bell
- Also the camera gets activated due to the human activity and streams live video to the user
- The user can then authenticate the entry of the person through an Android App
- The servo motors will then receive the command and facilitate unlocking of the door
- The data about all of this will be sent to the cloud for storage and analysis
- You will be needing Arduino IDE software to write and upload the programming logic onto the Arduino Uno board
- Also, you need to create an account in the ThinkSpeak IoT platform to integrate the system onto the cloud and store the data online
Programming language: Arduino Programming (C++)
Did you know
Skyfi Labs helps students learn practical skills by building real-world projects.
You can enrol with friends and receive kits at your doorstep
You can learn from experts, build working projects, showcase skills to the world and grab the best jobs.
Get started today!
Kit required to develop Develop an Automatic Smart Door Bell With IoT:
Technologies you will learn by working on Develop an Automatic Smart Door Bell With IoT:
Automatic Smart Door Bell using IOT